What's new

Robert Rodriguez Mexico Trilogy box? (1 Viewer)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I came across this box set in a local HMV yesterday, and since I've not gotten around to picking up the three movies in said same 'trilogy', I was wondering if the discs in this set were the special edition/anamorphic/blah blah blah versions that are currently available or if they were slimmed down to just the movies.

The packaging isn't clear at all in that it only has the film credits for each movie, their rating, and the words 'Widescreen', 'Widescreen', and 'Anamorphic Widescreen' at the end of the credit listings (in order by movie).

It's retailing for $35 (Can) and all three movies are packaged in slim cases (ala Ghostbusters), so it would be a good way to pick up the movies... if they're decent editions.

Anyone have this, seen it, etc?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Well, I've seen the box at a few places. You can/could buy the separate discs of each movie for less. I noted in Coupons/Canadians thread that Wal-Mart was selling the previous box set of the first two movies (SE's) for $15 no more than 2 weeks ago, and OUATIM has been cheap for quite some time. And I did notice some singles for quite cheap yesterday, but didn't pay huge attention because I have them. Still, $12/movie is not bad at all. They are reportedly all the "latest/best" versions of the DVD's: first 2 are SE, second is regular.

Edit: That should be "third is regular"

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Thanks. I have seen the other discs floating around separately, but I do kinda like the space that the box will take up (read: much less... :) ) and that's worth 2-3 extra dollars to my mind.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
As much as I hate the double dip, when will they release the Directors cut of Desperado. There is a whole other gun fight at the end that they had to cut out due to the MPAA?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks