What's new

Robbery Homicide Division canceled? (1 Viewer)

Mario Bartel

Stunt Coordinator
CBS website lists an episode for this Friday, but there was no preview after last week's show, no promo tagged onto the usual Hack ads, and now we're gonna get another episode of CSI in RHD's timeslot (geez, like CBS can't get enough milk from that cow!). All the signs are there, but has Robbery Homicide been canceled? I don't recall seeing anything on the web, or in the newspaper.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... Getting Robbery Homicide Division away from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit certainly can't hurt.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I hope it hasn't been canceled, I really like the direction and the procedure driven scripts as opposed to other more action shows. Add Tom Sizemore in, who by the way seems to be getting into his groove and away from the "Pacino in Heat" model and I had a show on fridays to actually watch. I bet they keep that dreck show Hack though.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, Hack is doing a lot better than Robbery Homicide. I wish Hack would find its groove; though it's been pretty decent, I can't help but feel that they could do so much more with Morse and Braugher on the show.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
It's sad that no show has been able to really showcase Andre Braugher's tremendous talents. I almost long for a new show called Pembleton.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
If they don't get robbery homicide off friday nights I'm afraid it won't last long. It's really good, but friday nights is horrible for tv.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not necessarily. Robbery Homicide Division's biggest problem is that it's on at the same time as Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, which has already staked out the police-procedural audience for the timeslot. Hack, for instance, is doing much better than RHD.

The (temporary) switch to Saturday could help it, since that'll put it in a timeslot where, basically, CBS is the only network really programming the hour, even if the total audience is lower.

Piers C

Stunt Coordinator
I caught a taping of the recent episode, "Had." Did anyone pick up on the fact that this plot/story-line was a straight copy of a Miami Vice episode?

Summary: Cole works on freeing a death row inmate who was tried for killing his partner.

Without original scripts it deserves to be scratched.

CarlP

Agent
Good, I'm not alone. That was a VERY close copy of FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS a season 3 Miami Vice episode . I missed the ending of RHD due to a sporting event.
I know I'm in the minority, but what can (if anything) be done to save this show????

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yeah, a week ago, 10 episodes aired, 13 total, hope we see those. I've only recorded 3 of the reruns on USA to DVDR, Tom "I'm with Heidi Fleiss" Sizemore is great, and each episode is like an episode of Heat. Cancelations like this, and of Firefly, prove that mainstream audience are morons but without them good shows don't stay around long :thumbsdown:

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Oh, yeah, I read they had a fight in the summer, but then she moved in, now I caught up, he was involved with prostitutes and threatened to put Heidi back in prison since she's on parole by drugging her, etc... tsk, that sucks, they were my favorite couple, too cool. :D :frowning: And now he's already punching another fiance in the face and getting arrested for it over the last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks