What's new

Riverdale Season 2 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Anxious for this show returning.
Very surprised how much I enjoyed the first season.
Starts Oct 11th (Wed)
And evidently episodes will be available on Netflix Friday after it airs on CW.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This season were also getting Sabrina, who will have her own (dark) spinoff show

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sabrina? The teenage witch? :) I'm just not that familiar with Archie comics, but I loved the kick off this year. This show kind of surprised me for binge worthy material last year

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The first season kept my attention due to the puzzling mystery at the center of the plot. We have another shooting to investigate this season, but having gotten to know the characters now, the premiere episode was much more character centered rather than mystery centered. I'm sticking with it for awhile more at least.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sabrina? The teenage witch? :)
Yeah, when they reworked the Archie comic books into the modern day a few years ago, they also established an 'Archie Horror' line which has Sabrina The Teenage Witch in it. My understanding is that the stories are more serious and spooky (though not like the Saw movies or anything) and it's not a comedy.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The only thing I missed from this opener was the fantastic cinematography from the first season with the beautiful lighting, framing and soft focus backgrounds giving the show a 3D quality. I wonder if this is shot by the same DP.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Still enjoying this show.
So much stuff happening and to keep track of.
Anyone have their guesses who the masked killer is??

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
From the look of the eyes, it looks like Betty's father (played by Lochlyn Monro). Having guessed that, I've been trying to figure out what his motive might be, but I haven't yet nailed anything down.

Apart from Archie's father, the adults in Riverdale are not very admirable people, and that seems to include Pop who has to know about the illicit activities going on in and around his establishment and Sheriff Keller who doesn't seem all that motivated to snuff out the shooter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm more convinced than ever that the Black Hood is Betty's dad now that we've established he feels a direct connection to her and knew about the Nancy Drew cipher book from her childhood.

I have to say that the love scenes between Archie and Veronica are not the typical teen mush stuff. These two actors are rocking some serious adult passion there.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I watched Riverdale S2 the past month, and powered through the latter half flying cross country this week. So...what happened? The half-order Season 1 was delightful with oversize teen drama and inbred town pathos. Season 2 was a complete train wreck. The characters were idiots. The character motivations were random, changing wildly from episode to episode, sometimes swinging from pole to pole within a single episode. The story becoming a teen version of The Sorpranos plus a bad continuation of the Nancy Drew Mysteries was disappointing.

And I'm confused by Jughead dying, and not being dead.

I'm not watching Season 3. But i guess I'll skim the S3 thread to see what basically happened. I'm wondering if Jughead was resurrected offscreen by Sabrina in S3 as the story device to introduce that character.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yeah, after the miserable season two, I basically dropped the show from my DVR schedule but I confess that I do read recaps at other sites just to see if I'm missing anything. Judging by what I've read for season three, it's more outrageously ridiculous than ever. Besides, the actors have ceased looking anything like high school students now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks