What's new

RIP - Douglas Trumbull, 79 (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Damn. @Brian Dobbs and I tried researching getting him on the show but couldn’t find any contact for him :(

He was living here in Massachusetts for some time. He kept saying he was working on making a new science fiction film, which I really wanted to see happen. He talked about that for years. He was always a lot of fun to listen to so, landing him for your show would have been great.

He was a fascinating guy that did a lot of great work.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
He was an absolute giant. Very sorry to hear of his passing. I know he'd been working on the director's cut of Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

Very few people in the film business will ever leave behind a legacy like his.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I interviewed him once about Showscan; I think it was at the CES show, in the mid-90s. Great guy and absolute legend.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
He was responsible for "Silent Running". One of the few Hollywood films that can be classified as true SF.

RIP

I feel the same way about Brainstorm.

It's really too bad he never got anywhere with Showscan. I'm sure that disappointed him greatly. While the film overall had its troubles, Brainstorm was a treat to watch on a big theater screen with its changing aspect ratio and soundstage between the "real world" scenes and the "machine" sequences. We can only imagine what it would've been like with a high-frame-rate process.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
"Brainstorm". Sad and beautiful at the same time. An incredibly under-appreciated film.
And, of course, as we all know, Natalie Wood's final film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks