What's new

RIP Brittany Murphy (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just read that the actress Brittany Murphy died. I had the pleasure of meeting her at a movie premier a few years ago. She was very nice. RIP. :(

http://www.popeater.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dead/

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Variety has picked up the story as well, which leads me to believe it's legit. How shocking! She was an underrated comedienne who was only recently starting to get the respect she deserved. Heart attack at 32, man, if drugs weren't related than doctors must have missed a big problem.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Heart attack at 32, man, if drugs weren't related than doctors must have missed a big problem.
It's sad, but I would say it's pretty damn likely we're looking at a cocaine OD or an eating disorder complication. Unless it turns out she had some kind of heart condition, it's pretty rare for a 32 year old to die of cardiac arrest.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I remember her singing at the MTV Movie Awards a few years ago and I was blown away. She was awesome in Sin City, too. She had a quality that elevated her performance.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow, that is shocking. I hope it wasn't a homicide and that is was simply natural causes with some kind of heart defect that went undetected. Pretty sad, may she rest in peace.

Crawdaddy

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I just can't believe it! Cardiac arrest at such a young age.

I'll always remember her as the voice of Luanne on King of the Hill. Rest in Peace!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Appears to be natural...

LOS ANGELES – A Los Angeles County coroner's official says it appears actress Brittany Murphy died of natural causes.

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center spokeswoman Sally Stewart says Murphy, 32, was pronounced dead at 10:04 a.m. Sunday. Murphy was taken to the hospital after the Los Angeles Fire Department responded to a call at 8 a.m. at the home Murphy shared with her husband, British screenwriter Simon Monjack, in the Hollywood Hills. Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter says the cause of Murphy's death "appears to be natural."

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/murphy-225035-reports-sunday.html

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Like I said in my original post. I was fortunate enough to attend the after-party for the movie Talladega Nights and Ms.Murphy was there. Of all of the celebrities I met. She was the nicest.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
It's interesting. John Hughes, who defined the 80s teen ethos, died earlier this year, and now we see the death of Brittany Murphy, who was an integral part of the movie "Clueless", which helped to define the teenagers of the 90s. Two tragic events.

Brittany Murphy was the bigger shock, though. Considering Eminem's health issues, some people thought he might be the one to die, but for her to die, it was a shocking and sad surprise. Wherever she is now, I hope she is at peace.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I hope that the Oscars will include her in the next In Memoriam. With credentials like hers', I feel she deserves a mention.

Todd, thank you so much for sharing that. I will think of her kindness the next time I get to experience her talent on film/television. This is just so sad. Unfortunately, this will just be the beginning of this type of tragedy in this day of young stars living on the edge. I just hope that drugs were not involved.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard

I just hope that drugs were not involved.
The more trashy TMZ which broke this said she was very sick (the flu, or stomach problems like food poisoning, perhaps?) and had a lot of medication to help, but not in the illegal / addicted to prescriptions sense of overdosing or anything like that. So if a trashy site is mentioning something that is the opposite of sensationalistic, chances are it's true and is just an unfortunate, unavoidable case of illness taking her life.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So it's being speculated now that is was a deadly combo of perscription drugs that probably killed her, much like Michael Jackson and Heath Ledger. It was said that a myraid of pills were found in the bedroom.

Supposedly sources are coming out saying that Murphy was into Coke and Heroin. Don't know how reliable that is but it's what I read today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks