What's new

Rice crispy cake (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Chad, I'm sorry I was joking(and farting). Rice Krispies would make horrible space cakes. I do know a bit about the muchies though...

Thi's suggestion of peanut butter is a very good one. Someone said, extra butter, this makes a better "munchie." In my Peanut Butler's Magic Munchie Guide I substitute 1oz. of the 6oz. of Rice Krispies with 1oz. of a Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch and Cocoa Puff mix.

Rice Krispie treats are so darn good, because they are like an open canvas. You can try many things.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Chad, I'm sorry I was joking(and farting). Rice Krispies would make horrible space cakes. I do know a bit about the muchies though...

Thi's suggestion of peanut butter is a very good one. Someone said, extra butter, this makes a better "munchie." In my Peanut Butler's Magic Munchie Guide I substitute 1oz. of the 6oz. of Rice Krispies with 1oz. of a Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch and Cocoa Puff mix.

Rice Krispie treats are so darn good, because they are like an open canvas. You can try many things.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The key is REAL/ORIGINAL Rice Krispies cereal.

Any of the knock off cereals are crunchier and will make the squares harder. Even the different varieties of the real Rice Krispies aren't that great. I once made some for a Christmas party and used the "Holiday" Rice Krispies. They were basically just green and red colored Rice Krispies, but they were firmer than the regular kind and the squares came out bad. :frowning:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The key is REAL/ORIGINAL Rice Krispies cereal.

Any of the knock off cereals are crunchier and will make the squares harder. Even the different varieties of the real Rice Krispies aren't that great. I once made some for a Christmas party and used the "Holiday" Rice Krispies. They were basically just green and red colored Rice Krispies, but they were firmer than the regular kind and the squares came out bad. :frowning:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Kinda OT, but my friend once bought the generic Cheerios and just put the inner bag inside a real Cheerios box to see if her husband would notice.

He did. ;)

Some things just don't compare to the original.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Kinda OT, but my friend once bought the generic Cheerios and just put the inner bag inside a real Cheerios box to see if her husband would notice.

He did. ;)

Some things just don't compare to the original.

PhillJones

Second Unit
My mum used to make cornflake cakes, using a recipe almost exactly like this. Just swap the cornflakes for the cereal of choice

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/EN/CTB2003/...lake+Cakes.htm

Have you ever tried flapjack, not the strange apple type breakfast pancakes them canucks make but these:

http://www.hamlynsoats.co.uk/recipes030014.htm

The timing is critical, leave em in less time for chewy and more time for crispy. You can put a teaspoon of honey in them or try dried fruit or glace cherry, yum.

PhillJones

Second Unit
My mum used to make cornflake cakes, using a recipe almost exactly like this. Just swap the cornflakes for the cereal of choice

http://www.cadbury.co.uk/EN/CTB2003/...lake+Cakes.htm

Have you ever tried flapjack, not the strange apple type breakfast pancakes them canucks make but these:

http://www.hamlynsoats.co.uk/recipes030014.htm

The timing is critical, leave em in less time for chewy and more time for crispy. You can put a teaspoon of honey in them or try dried fruit or glace cherry, yum.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

Philip, are you greasing the pan? I always spray my pans down before putting the mixture into it. . .the treats come out nicely and leave the pan with only a few crumbs.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter

Philip, are you greasing the pan? I always spray my pans down before putting the mixture into it. . .the treats come out nicely and leave the pan with only a few crumbs.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
not the rice crispy pan that you press them into, the saucepan that you melt the ingredients in and mix up the crispies. Always a PITA to wash.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
not the rice crispy pan that you press them into, the saucepan that you melt the ingredients in and mix up the crispies. Always a PITA to wash.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Philip, gotcha! Yeah that can be a pain. I've learned to just fill it up with hot water as soon as I've emptied it. Let it sit for a few min so the marshmallow has melted, then it just comes off pretty easily for me.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Philip, gotcha! Yeah that can be a pain. I've learned to just fill it up with hot water as soon as I've emptied it. Let it sit for a few min so the marshmallow has melted, then it just comes off pretty easily for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks