What's new

Rice crispy cake (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Today I plan on making some of this great cake. Last I did it though it came out hard as a rock. PLus this time I'm going to add ju jubes. Does anyone here has a different recipe than the box or perhaps a revised one?
Thanks

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Today I plan on making some of this great cake. Last I did it though it came out hard as a rock. PLus this time I'm going to add ju jubes. Does anyone here has a different recipe than the box or perhaps a revised one?
Thanks

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I don't think ju-ju bees will help with the "hard as a rock" issue. Aren't they the semi hard candy not like gumdrops or Dots?

I don't recall a cake recipe with crispies but I don't buy that cereal that often.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I don't think ju-ju bees will help with the "hard as a rock" issue. Aren't they the semi hard candy not like gumdrops or Dots?

I don't recall a cake recipe with crispies but I don't buy that cereal that often.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Are you talking about the rice krispie squares, the one where you add melted marshmellows and mix the rice crispies cereal in? The only time I had a problem with it being too hard is when there isn't enough marshmellows added. And of course, after a couple days, the squares become like rice crispy bricks.

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Are you talking about the rice krispie squares, the one where you add melted marshmellows and mix the rice crispies cereal in? The only time I had a problem with it being too hard is when there isn't enough marshmellows added. And of course, after a couple days, the squares become like rice crispy bricks.

Jay

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Make sure you are using fresh marshmallows and plenty of butter. Then, store them in an air-tight container so they retain their moisture.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Make sure you are using fresh marshmallows and plenty of butter. Then, store them in an air-tight container so they retain their moisture.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The sugar + butter is making a caramel-like substance to bond the rice crispies together. More butter = softer, less butter = harder.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The sugar + butter is making a caramel-like substance to bond the rice crispies together. More butter = softer, less butter = harder.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
So you guys don't think it will hurt to add more butter and marshmellows? I kinda got a sweet tooth for it. Also, Zen, I don't think I saw your recipe on the Kelloggs website ;)
THanks for the help

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
So you guys don't think it will hurt to add more butter and marshmellows? I kinda got a sweet tooth for it. Also, Zen, I don't think I saw your recipe on the Kelloggs website ;)
THanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks