What's new

Rhino releasing a ton of classic '80's cartoons in August 2004! (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I just found the following press release on a Transformers fan site. It was apparently forward to that site's webmaster directly from Rhino...

Get ready for outrageous musical adventures when Jem And The Holograms: Season 3, Part 1 debuts on DVD August 31. This three-disc set lets you re-experience the animated classic with all of its glam rock fashion, big hair and 80s music. Join Jem and her band as they take on rival group The Misfits to achieve stardom and reach the top of the charts. The three-disc DVD set contains over seven hours of entertainment including all 19 original, un-cut broadcast episodes, plus exclusive interviews with cast members and writers, an original audio option and 5.1 audio. It's "Showtime, Synergy" for Jem fans everywhere!

A real American hero returns to DVD on August 17 when G.I. Joe: Season 2, Part 1 debuts. Fans will shout Yo Joe! for the three-disc set, which features 6 hours of entertainment, including 15 original, uncut episodes and exclusive interviews with Flint (Bill Ratner) and Lady Jaye (Mary McDonald-Lewis).

Now available for the first time, Beast Wars Transformers: The Complete Third Season roars onto DVD on August 24. The benevolent Maximals, led by Optimus Primal, and Megatron's evil Predacons continue to wage war in this much darker and more vicious third season.

Transformers Armada, the hit Cartoon Network Series, also debuts on DVD on August 24 with Best of the Autobots and Best of the Decepticons, featuring the continuing good vs. evil battles of the Autobots & Decepticons. Each volume contains 4 episodes of the series.

Alright, well maybe it's not a ton. 3 shows seems like a lot to me, especially since in the past they were spread out. Also, it's seems like Jem S1&2, GI Joe S1P2 and Beast Wars S2 just came out not too long ago.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Beast Wars was an 80s show?

Isnt that the lame cgi animal transformers thing that was on tv around the time of Reboot...

Travis W.

Second Unit
I wish Rhino was the studio that held the rights to the DVD releases of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. We would have probably had season two by now.

Hope they get around to releasing The Real Ghostbusters some time.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

But they would have added in extra sound effects that weren't supposed to be there, like they did with G.I. Joe and The Transformers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks