What's new

RF Modulator Problem? (1 Viewer)

Shashi_M

Auditioning
Hi,

I ran a search on this site and learned everything I could about RF Modulators, but I still have a problem. I recently bought a Yamaha home theater system and I'm running into a problem because my TV only has a co-axial input. So I got an RF Modulator from Best Buy and hooked everything up.

The set-up has a Digital Cable box connected to a VCR. The VCR and DVD player are connected to the Receiver. The Receiver connects to the TV via the RF Modulator. Of course the set up is more complex because, for some reason, Yamaha's "Quick-Connect" instructions require you to set up all kinds of loops (e.g., VCR connects to the Receiver and then the Receiver connects back to the VCR).

Now I'm noticing that I get these lines pulsating on my TV. It's not a fixed line. It's more like a flickering set of lines that fade in and out of the background. The lines only appear when I am using the system. If I turn everything off and just watch cable, the image is fine. I would appreciate it if someone could help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Shashi.

Derek B

Stunt Coordinator
Are you getting any picture at all when you play DVD? If you have the tv revceiving the audio and video from the modulator through the coaxil then you need to make sure that the video signal from the receiver to the modulator is actually putting out what you want.

Do you hear any sound out of the tv speakers (not the receiver speakers) when playing DVDs?

What video outpout line do you have connected to the modulator?

With more info I might be able to help you.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You can't hook a DVD player up to a VCR to run to your TV. What you're seeing is Macrovision copy protection going off. You need to get some sort of splitter or switch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks