What's new

Harmony 890 RF question (1 Viewer)

Dixit

Auditioning
Real Name
Dixit Suthar
I may be just a moron, but I swear Ive searched for this high and low on many sites and other locations and cant seem to get a clear cut answer to this question.

Basically I know the 890 has RF capabilities but the real question is how does it work? From what I can gather it can use the RF to send a signal to a base unit which then converts it to an IR signal, basically to use where the components are behind doors/walls in cabinets. So am I correct here or can it directly control something that has a true RF remote?

Basically before I buy this remote to answer my remote problems (of having too many), I want to know it if will control my Cinetension 120" electric screen. The unit comes with an IR and RF remote, but I only use the RF since clearly its better and I dont have to mount the control module on the wall in the open in order to use the IR remote, now its just barried in the ceiling.

If this 890 can directly be programmed to bring my screen down and up through RF that would be money and I will buy it.

Yes I know technically I can put an IR blaster to the control module in the ceiling, but Id rather not and just use the RF straight up for the screen.

Thanks
Dixit

hodedofome

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Smith
You should probably ask Logitech about this directly or post it in remotecentral.com. I know it's supposed to control z-wave compatible electronics like lights and fans, I would guess it depends on what RF technology your screen uses.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Z-Wave only for harmony 890. I've already been down this road with ceiling fans..

Shannon

Dixit

Auditioning
Real Name
Dixit Suthar

Thanks, so as long as my Cinetension is Zwave signal based, the 890 should be a perfect fit for me then.

Dixit

Dixit

Auditioning
Real Name
Dixit Suthar
So talked to Elite screens and their control units that control the screen for RF remotes DOES NOT use the Zwave it uses a 433mhz signal, so the Harmony 890 wont work with that one.

Dixit

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Sorry to hear that.

Just throw the IR repeater on that thing and you'll be good to go..

Shanon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks