What's new

Reviews for Fox/Fortune Star Hong Kong Titles (1 Viewer)

MattMC

Agent
I agree that
"Wheels on Meals"
and "Dragon Forever"
needs a release through Fortune Star.
I also think that they should pick up any
Jackie Chan movies that they can.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I will also like to know if Fox/Fortune Star will be releasing more of the Hong Kong titles. I believe that the last wave was released in April of this year and there has been no word from Fox in regards to future R1 releases.

Matthew Brown, have you heard anything from your contacts at Fox?

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo

Hong Kong Legends is releasing a very nice version of "Wheels on Meals" for R2 UK. It will be very nice if Fox/Fortune Star is able to bring the movie to R1.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I don't think it was mentioned in this thread but maybe this:

counts as Wave 6. It is a Fortune Star release.

I am hoping for more flicks from Fox but right now Fortune Star is getting a new distributor in Hong Kong for thier vast catalog, if it is anything like thier last HK deals you could get many a title that was region 0 for cheap.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Perhaps since Fortune Star has released the following titles in the list below, they may or may not be on the next release slate? This is purely speculation for the FOX/Fortune Star line but could be a good indication as to what to probably expect in the future.
The titles are as follows:
(All releases through IVL)
Aces Go Places (As part of the five disc Aces Go Places Set.)
Aces Go Places 2
Aces Go Places 3
Aces Go Places 4
Aces Go Places 5: The Terracotta Hit
An Autumn's Tale
A Better Tomorrow (Domestically by Anchor Bay)
A Better Tomorrow II (Domestically by Anchor Bay)
A Better Tomorrow III
Bullet in the Head
The Killer (Domestically by Criterion, Winstar.)

There are numerous boxsets such as:

Aces Go Places Set (Contains all five 1980's Aces Go Places films. Digitally remastered.)
A Better Tomorrow Trilogy (Contains the films A Better Tomorrow, A Better Tomorrow II and A Better Tomorrow III. Digitally remastered.)
A Chinese Ghost Story Trilogy (Contains the films A Chinese Chost Story, A Chinese Ghost Story 2 and A Chinese Ghost Story 3. Digitally remastered.)
Chow Yun-Fat on Fire Trilogy (Region 3. Contains the films Prison on Fire, Prison on Fire II and City on Fire. Digitally remastered.)
Films of Stephen Chow (Contains the films King of Beggars and Legend of the Dragon. Digitally remastered.)
Hui Brothers' DVD Collection (Contains the films The Private Eyes, Security Unlimited, The Contract, The Last Message and Games Gamblers Play. Digitally remastered.)
John Woo Collection (Contains both Bullet in the Head and The Killer. Digitally remastered.)
John Woo's Hero Collection (Contains both A Better Tomorrow and The Killer. Digitally remastered. I own this.)
Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy (Contains the films Once Upon a Time in China, Once Upon a Time in China II and Once Upon a Time in China III. Digitally remastered. Columbia/Tri-Star has the domestic rights.)
Police Story Trilogy (Contains the films Police Story, Police Story II and Police Story III: Supercop. Digitally remastered.)
Project A Series Boxset (Contains the films Project A and Project B. Digitally remastered.)

And there are even more individual titles from Deltamac though but they'd be far too numerous to even list come to think of it.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I have pretty much given up hope that Fox will release anything new for Region 1 under the Fox/Fortune Star banner.

It's been close to a year since their last wave release.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Lorenzo:

I think you are right. Looks like Fox has abandoned this series. Too bad, the price was great, and the movies were fun! I was hoping we would see more from Fortune Star.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks