What's new

Review wanted for P.J.'s The Frighteners.... (1 Viewer)

GregBarron

Agent
I was thinking about getting this dvd and wanted to know how the movie was and how was the transfer etc....

Thank you in advance...

Greg

Julie K

Screenwriter
The movie is great. It's got that weird Peter Jackson lunacy and Jeffrey Combs is brilliant as a whacked-out FBI agent.

The DVD itself is good for what it presents. The picture and sound are excellent. However, it lacks the wealth of extras from the LD. The LD had an entertaining commentary by Jackson, an extended cut of the film that I found highly enjoyable, as well as a 4-1/2 hour documentary on the making of the movie. Unlike many documentaries, this one is interesting and entertaining. It is almost a "filmmaking 101" course.

I hope that Universal will re-release this as a special edition.

Ken Cline

Stunt Coordinator
Greg,

I did a review(sorta) of The Frightener's here at the HTF a couple of years ago. The transfer is very good with a killer soundtrack. There are some real LFE's throughout. Lotsa punch. The movie itself it pretty good. I recommend it.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I wonder what sales percentage Julie is responsible for when it comes to "Peter-Jackson-on-dvd".
Btw, my Bad Taste and Brain Dead should arrive any moment ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks