What's new

Revenge of the Sith Soundtrack CD/DVD Deals (5/3) (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
The soundtrack to the new flick comes out on Tuesday, and here are some of the deals out there:

Amazon.com: $13.49
Best Buy: $11.99
Target: $11.98
Walmart.com: $11.88

As you may know, the CD comes with a bonus DVD with 16 tracks from the various movies set to video and dialog from the films. All enhanced for widescreen TVs and in 5.1 (as well as PCM).

Additionally, Walmart and Target (and possibly others) are offering an "exclusive download" from iTunes with purchase (code for download in the case). If anyone has more info on what the download actually is, let me know.

Also, it was stated somewhere that there would be packaging available in the standard 2 disc jewel case as well as in a keepcase. I don't know who will be stocking what, but I would certainly prefer the keepcase version. Again, if you happen to know who will have which version, post it here.

mike.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Supposedly the "bonus" or "download" track is called "I Am The Senate", something focusing on Padme', I assume. One of the SW boards said Walmart is listing that track as part of the $14.88 disc, but not the $11.88 disc. Further, the cheaper one may have different names to the tracks, i.e. Medley(spoiler) and End Credits, where the more expensive one lists the track as (spoiler) and End Credits.

From some of the clips I've seen, the DVD is pretty cool.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
Here's some more on it from soundtrack.net, via milleniumfalcon.com:

"Clarifying the Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith soundtrack bonus tracks"

Release Date:frowning:05/02/2005)
The soundtrack to Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith comes out tomorrow, and there has been a bit of speculation regarding some of the ambiguiously announced "bonus tracks" that are available through select retailers.

Back in 2002, Sony Classical teamed up with Wal*Mart to release a different version of the soundtrack to Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, which was a pressed CD including a bonus track, "On the Conveyor Belt". While many fans were disappointed with this move, in which an actual score cue was limited to a particular retailer, this time around, Sony is doing things better.

There will be two bonus tracks for Episode III. Both will be available digitally - the pressed CD in all stores is the same (including the bonus DVD) - but seperately. If you buy the soundtrack through Wal*Mart, you get a digital download of an interview with John Williams. If you buy the soundtrack through Target, the album comes with a DownloadCard, which will allow you to access a radio-edit of "Battle of the Heroes", which has dialogue and sound effects.

With no extra score cues being limited to a particular retailer, fans can rest easy knowing that no matter where they buy their soundtrack, they will get all of the music that is being released at this time. If you want the bonus tracks, now you know where to go!"

Seems to solve it, but I wonder if the Williams interview is the same as the new Webdoc that hit the OS this weekend? And that edit of BotH is already on the OS...

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a copy from Wal-Mart this morning. The bonus, downloadable, track is an 3:13 interview with John Williams "discussing the creation of the soundtrack". Also, with Wal-Mart you have to download the track from their own music store. This means it's a Windows Media file and won't be playable on an iPod.

I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting it to be a music track. I haven't listened to it yet, though.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the updated information, Pat & Michael! Looks like I'll be heading to Target over lunch.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Yeah. The A Hero Falls is the title of the music video. The track itself is Battle of the Heroes, or at least that's what it's called on iTunes Music Store. Don't have the soundtrack yet. Give it a few hours...

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
The "I Am the Senate" track is not to be found on the disc I got at Target. It's not listed anywhere on the package and it's not a bonus at the end of the disc. At this point, I'm not even sure it exists outside the realm of...internet rumour.

CraigL

Screenwriter
The radio edit of Battle of the Heroes and the music video have different dialogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.