What's new

Returning my Toshiba SD3750 (1 Viewer)

James Herrod

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to take this player back and exchange it for a different one. Too many of my discs are not playing properly. Atlantis, for example, does not have ANY sound playback during the movie; only on the menus. And on U-571, the player starts up the subtitles after the layer switch. Anyway, I'd like to get some recommendations on what player I should go with to replace it. I'd like to stay in the $200-$300 range, with progressive scan. Thanks Much! Jim

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Hi Jim,
Sorry to hear about "glitches" with your Toshiba player. I don't know of another dvd player (from any brand) that has progressive for that price range, but if your willing to give Toshiba another try, I suggest the SD-4700 pro scan player. It retails for about $400 to $450 but also includes DVD-Audio capability. Not a bad deal as far as I'm concerned. However, I don't own that particular model myself, but do currently own the SD-6200 pro scan and only ever had a problem with one movie- Bill & Ted's Ex adv would freeze on the main menu. Hope this helps you out a bit. Good luck!:)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The 3750 and 4700 are pretty much identical inside, so I don't think that would fix any of the problems he's having.

I've had a 3750 at home since they first came in and I've had no problems with it at all, but I think I've heard about that U-571 issue before. You can try a Panasonic DVD-RP56, but if you're looking for absolutely flawless playback from any disc, I don't think such a player exists!

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same problem with the 3750, then got the 4700 and had similar problems; finally ended up with the Mits8020 and have no complaints whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks