Returning my Toshiba SD3750

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Herrod, Mar 27, 2002.

1. James Herrod

James Herrod Stunt Coordinator

I'm going to take this player back and exchange it for a different one. Too many of my discs are not playing properly. Atlantis, for example, does not have ANY sound playback during the movie; only on the menus. And on U-571, the player starts up the subtitles after the layer switch. Anyway, I'd like to get some recommendations on what player I should go with to replace it. I'd like to stay in the $200-$300 range, with progressive scan. Thanks Much! Jim

2. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Hi Jim,
    Sorry to hear about "glitches" with your Toshiba player. I don't know of another dvd player (from any brand) that has progressive for that price range, but if your willing to give Toshiba another try, I suggest the SD-4700 pro scan player. It retails for about $400 to $450 but also includes DVD-Audio capability. Not a bad deal as far as I'm concerned. However, I don't own that particular model myself, but do currently own the SD-6200 pro scan and only ever had a problem with one movie- Bill & Ted's Ex adv would freeze on the main menu. Hope this helps you out a bit. Good luck![​IMG]

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The 3750 and 4700 are pretty much identical inside, so I don't think that would fix any of the problems he's having.

I've had a 3750 at home since they first came in and I've had no problems with it at all, but I think I've heard about that U-571 issue before. You can try a Panasonic DVD-RP56, but if you're looking for absolutely flawless playback from any disc, I don't think such a player exists!

4. RandyRush

RandyRush Stunt Coordinator

I had the same problem with the 3750, then got the 4700 and had similar problems; finally ended up with the Mits8020 and have no complaints whatsoever.