What's new

Return of the Jedi on Fox, what I expected to see.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
At the end when Luke looks and sees Yoda, Ben & Anakin. I was expecting to see Hayden Christianson instead of the old guy. I wonder if Lucas will do that when he retools the movies again for the super dvd release?

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I think this is the first time I've seen the revamped JEDI, and I must say: the ending still sucks. There's not one whit of real joy or exuberance on the screen. A far cry from the conclusion of "A New Hope".

And they changed the music, right? I hated the original "Yuk Yuk" chorus, or whatever the hell it was, but this new, new-agey crap is nearly as bad. Plus, no one's dancing in rhythm any longer. And Billy Dee Williams must be livid that the very last shot shows him clapping in what can only be described as "in the Yee-Haw fashion" and quite obviously nowhere near the beat. He looked every bit as hip as when Al Gore went searching for the one at that gospel performance.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Hell, I loved the ending to ROTJ, for the most part. The oppressive Empire has been defeated, and yet we're to believe that nobody celebrated except a few ewoks and a few members of the rebellion. We should have seen everyone from Coruscant to Bespin celebrating. I thought it was very well done, and was a great ending. I liked the original, but I liked most of the changes to the special edition ending. As for celebrating in rythm, I don't remember anyone celebrating to the beat in the first place. So color me as a fan of the special edition, aside from the most annoying changed. We all know what those are, so there's no need to rehash it here.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
And they changed the music, right? I hated the original "Yuk Yuk" chorus, or whatever the hell it was, but this new, new-agey crap is nearly as bad. Plus, no one's dancing in rhythm any longer. And Billy Dee Williams must be livid that the very last shot shows him clapping in what can only be described as "in the Yee-Haw fashion" and quite obviously nowhere near the beat. He looked every bit as hip as when Al Gore went searching for the one at that gospel performance.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was watching my Jedi Laserdisc instead :)
I actually like both endings...I don't know why, but regardless of what music is playing, I really like the ending.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The Yub-Yub song was actually pretty good in my opinion. Musically interesting in a tribal sense and certainly stuck in my head. I really miss the yub-yub song.

-Vince

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I liked that Yub-Yub ending too. I believe Matt said, I've got to be able to get my Yub-Yub on.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The SE of ROTJ is the one I hate the most. Yes, I loathe Greedo shooting first, but in ROTJ, they added that musical number in Jabba's palace (it's tolerable, I guess), but then they axed what I felt was a perfect ending....and ending I have sang along with since I was 5. I LOVE the "love nuts" song, and to me it's not truly ROTJ without that song. And yes, I have always referred to that song as "Love Nuts" since my childhood, call me sophomoric and immature if you'd like, but it's hard to kill a habit you started before you reached the age of 10. :) I am currently digging for a cheap THX 95' LD or VHS release of ROTJ just so I can have a copy while they are still out there. If only Lucas had just added that Little Shop Of Horrors version of the Sarlaac and left the rest of the flick well enough alone!

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
No Nick, I agree. That's one of the 5 changes I don't like.

1. Greedo shooting first

2. Jabba scene in ANH

3. Added scream to Luke's fall in ESB

4. Changing Vader's line in ESB to "Alert my command ship to prepare for my arrival

5. The musical number in ROTJ

Those are the 5 changes I don't like. I won't them gone. I'm dreaming.

MichaelAW

Second Unit
When I saw the ROTJ SE in '97, I noticed that the new finale music sounds a lot like "Fanfare for the Common Man" by Copland. I tried to get my band to do a cover of that song (previously covered by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer) just with the "yub yub" vocals, and call it: Fanfare for the Common Ewok.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Get it right fellas... it's Yub-NUB! :)
Sing along...
Yub-nub...eechop yub-nub. Ah toe me toe peechee king, gnoop dock fling oh ah!
Everybody...
Coatee chah ta yah-wah!
Coatee chah ta glow-wah!
A lay noo ta luv! A lay noo ta luv!
Okay, second verse, worse than the first...
Glowah! (hands in the air...deep breath) Eechop Glooooo-wah!
Okay, I'll spare you the rest... :) Needless to say I'm a fan of the original ending. I don't need to see the rest of the universe to understand what the Rebellion has just done for it. Plus, it keeps it on a smaller, more personal level.
Okay, round two! *drums on stormtrooper helmet*

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
ROFLMAO Sam :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I haven`t seen the original ending for a long time but the SE ending is a lot more emotional imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks