What's new

Rescue Me Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well alot of show would do the Pat solution of stringing his accident out over a number of eps and then have a happy ending, they did this earlier with his daughter, I'm glad they took another approach, although I can see why a viewer might be turned off with all the negativity, it seems all the characters are in a bad place, I'd like at least someone to be somewhat happy. But hey life isn't always Happy and its all about how we deal with it. No One liked when

Henry Blake BOught it

But from a dramatic standpoint I can understand why it happened

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
It seems to me that the focus in Tommy's life will be narrowed now that his son was tragically killed. His outlook on life now will be nothing but negative and misery, no more grab-assing and joking around at the fire hall, no more chasing tail and such, never really being happy again for the rest of his life. At least that's the way that I would foresee my life if something like that happened to my child.

I know that life would theoretically go on...but not happily for Tommy....looks like that's the route that the writers are taking this show. I'm really disappointed they took this dark path.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

I'm not convinced that F-Bomb actually exists -- she could have bruised her own arm if she's trying to scam Lou.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Having to bury a child is the absolute worst thing that can happen to a parent. If Tommy's marriage survives this I will be greatly surprised.

I'm positive that at some point the wife will bring up the point that in addition to not watching the kid, he bought the bike!

But, bad stuff does happen in this life, as we all seen in the news. Good TV, like this show, has elements of the real, as well as the surreal.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I took it that she slapped him because she wanted someone to blame for her loss. Not that Tommy didn't anything wrong. She just needed to strike out with her grief. I see her diving off into the deep end too.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Wow. No comments on the finale?

I really enjoyed the second season, but I'm concerned about the direction in which the show seems to be headed. Still sorting out my thoughts, though, and a lot depends on where they pick up next season.

M.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
My lord how depressing. They couldn't have cooked up some disfiguring accidents or diseases for Probie and Sean? Why should they get off scot free?

Chad Erickson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad Erickson
Very strong season overall and a good finale. I can't believe that Lou isn't going to get the girl. Very disappointing to me. When he walked in to the apartment building and i saw the cops, i figured the the pimp and killed her. I thought that he would be the one person that would have a happy storyline going into next season.

The scene when Jerry dropped off his wife was very touching also and the scene with Probie and Sean figuring out where the tear came from was priceless.

Thank goodness The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood are all coming back. They will fill my TV needs until Entourage and Rescue Me comes back on next summer.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

Do you know when they are back? I am watching Wire Season 2 now on Netflix. Greatest cop show ever- except maybe TJ Hooker ;)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Wow, what a dark turn this season has taken. Poignant stuff, and I love it, but just a change of "personality".

I'm more convinced than ever Denis Leary got robbed of an acting Emmy nomination.

Duane R

Second Unit
The finale was heavy on the dark, especially when Tommy failed to stop the shooting there at the end. Poor Lou and Jerry, what a crippling blow to their worlds. It was a really good season, but hopefully they'll lighten the tone next year.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Excellent season even though it took a very dark turn at the end. I like Dark but everyones worlds took a 180 at the end

capt

RyanAn

Screenwriter
One of the staples of the show is how they can bring humor into even the most dark of situations - but man it was crazy last night. Is there any turning back?

Franco looses his girl; we also loose a good character

Tommy looses his son, and takes away his daughters - also his best fried betrayed him, the priest

Lou is scamed by the by the girl he loved out of thousands of dollars

Tommy's youngest daughter gives up on faith and almost makes Probie and Mike give up as well

Chief's wife is sent to a home

Pretty harsh.

Season 3 predictions:

Lenny Clark's character is sent to prison

Chief and the nurse shack up

Tommy and wife get back together

Jimmy's wife kills girlfriend

Damien enrolls and maybe comes part of the group? Is this the second kid to play Damien?

Sully comes back!!!!!!!

Ryan

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
What a dark gloomy season finale... But what a great one!..... Man o Man... Both me and wife were choked up over the chiefs wife..........

I agree dennis leary has done some freaking incredable acting in this..........

What a freaking season.. Very solid........ Loved it.....

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sober, somber, sadness

Those are the 3 words that came to mind. I saw the finale, and last week's episode back-to-back, and it packed a wallop. Next season will be about picking up the pieces because Tommy and company just went through 9/11 all over again on a personal scale in terms of relationships with friends/family/lovers.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was exceptional because every bit of tragic emotion was well earned. I really felt that Lou was seeing something amazing in himself with this girl. It made it all the harder to see it crash down on him. We've been watching Tommy slowly put his life together, with realistic ups and downs, and the unrecoverable happens. And the worst part was that he was being more responsible that his wife gives him credit for. But even still, you can't help but see why there is no room for him to argue, because his pain is so strong. I think when he breaks down by having Sheila's girlfriend hit him, it's like he's beating himself up by proxy. Amazing television moment right there. I can't even get into the Chief. I mean, an unrepentant hardass put into an emotional crisis like that and having to tell Franco not to look at him during a weak moment in the truck.

And the best part is the glimmer of humor that still reigns throughout the series. If it's Probie and Sean being freaked out and having to reaffirm their faith or Tommy trying to argue who gets to kill the guy who ran into his son.

Next season is going to be hard to recover from, given the lows everyone is in right now. But what a great season for a great show. Lots of solid television that competes with the best of the non-Summer shows. Why is this show so overlooked?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It was an amazing Finale. And Leary does indeed earn an Emmy nom for it. I was kinda surprisedThat Laura Left but I've heards she's joined the cast on Numbers. I always assumed since she's a Leary Buddy (was on the Job) that she's be around awhile, and rescue me is a better show, oh well.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
It's kinda interesting nobody has mentioned Tatum O ' Neal's Turn as Tommy's sister. She's an interesting character in a way, I see she was making moves on Probie at the Reception.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Dave: You're right, but the other show is on a broadcast network, not basic cable, so a lot more people (including industry types) see it, and the pay (including residuals) is a lot better. The quality if the scripts can't be the only consideration for anybody. (Unless you're already so rich that you only do projects you feel like doing, and pay isn't an issue.) I'll bet Leary would encourage a friend to take the better, higher-profile, better career move gig. :)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks