What's new

RESCUE ME (ongoing discussion) (1 Viewer)

Duane R

Second Unit
One thing is for sure: there seems to be no end to subplots on this show, which is a good thing. Like Steve, it will be a long wait for Season 2. From what I gather, it starts filming next February, and I would guess it probably won't show up until S3 of Nip/Tuck is done (personal prediction).

Marc Bax

Second Unit
I hate the wait dammit!!! Well at least with the Shield coming back relativly soon and then Rescue Me in the summer I have 2 great FX shows now to keep me entertained over the course of the year.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
So, is it a safe assumption that Tommy's involvement with Sheila was the final straw for Janet? I assumed that was what the smashed picture of the four of them was about.

Great episode.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
That was dirty of Janet. Leaving things like the lamps behind (and on) so that they may prolong her getaway.

His cousin/priest also did him in dirty. I'm not sure if I'm suppossed to, but I kinda feel bad for Gavin. I know he did most of this to himself, but still...

The dwarf/midget was funny and that was one hell of a win streak, even if it was all luck.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
A strong attribute of the heavy girlfriend her marvelous voice. Besides acting she could make a comfortable living from voice-overs and narration.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Wow... that was one hell of a first season. I can't wait until the next one. I certainly hope we see a DVD release of season 1 before season 2 airs since I missed several episodes.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I have been with the show since day one, and it never disapoints. A definate DVD purchase for me.

"No more fat jokes about my girlfriend! That goes for all of you!"

Ryan

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

Me too. If Sony passes up the chance to release this, their fools. Maybe if it gets released, BV might release The Job as well. *crosses fingers*

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'll give it to Leary his company turns out quality shows first the Job and Now this, hope it gets a big Push on DVD. And we get the Job too !

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

Aww nuts. I assumed this would be a Fox release-I didn't realize it was produced by Sony. Not particularly impressed by their TV output.

At least Nip/Tuck was a WB DVD set.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I have wanted to watch this all season, but only caught the finale. I'm a big fan of Leary and glad to see he is taking his "troubled" The Job character to new heights (or lows). But my absolute favorite part was seeing longtime Boston Bruins goon Lyndon "L.B." Byers and Bruins superstar Cam "Seabass" Neely pounding the stuffing out of the police hockey team. As soon as L.B. described the ringer he was bringing in, I had my suspicions it would be Cam, given his close relationship with Leary. Once I saw him from the back pulling on old #8, I was positive. Sure enough, Cam turned around and uttered the instant classic "pads are for pussies". Goes back to when Cam used to berate Ulf Sammuelson for wearing huge oversized shoulder pads that Cam called his "suit of armor", while Cam himself barely wore (or needed) shoulder pads.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Love this show. Recorded the whole thing but would buy a DVD set. (FX doesn't have the greatest reception, either.)

Doling out that punishment for getting involved with one of the widows seems a bit extreme.

What Janet did was unforgivable.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
From the outside looking in, it is certainly the deus ex mechina of the season.
But I guess it's reasonable. These guys are inveterate poon hounds, and are open in their poon houndery amongst themselves. Somewhere along the line, I suppose the 'family guys' would've came to the realization that it'd be depressing to do the job every day knowing you could die, AND knowing that if you did die, these poon hounds would be all over your wife before your body was cold. So a pact was formed that got passed down the generations.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

She took the kids and left, right?

Maybe I missed something, but I want to know what she was really doing with all the money she was getting from Denis Leary's character. "4200 on central air and kid's clothes."

Ryan

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
quote:Goes back to when Cam used to berate Ulf Sammuelson for wearing huge oversized shoulder pads that Cam called his "suit of armor", while Cam himself barely wore (or needed) shoulder pads.

Still my favorite player of all time, and even back to when he was playing for the Canucks and gooning it up on a nightly basis.

I had a feeling that Janet was looking to do something drastic, especially after she had broken up with that Wall Street pussy. Never thought she would do this, though, since Tommy seemed like a good father to the kids, even though he's a philandering drunk.

I think Callie Thorne has the lock-down on the Hot Divorced/Widowed Single Mother market. Between Rescue Me and the Wire, she has found herself quite a niche. Very impressive, since her last really memorable role(at least in my case) was as the Salad Tosser in Whipped.

Anywho, great season finale, and since I missed the first four episodes, I will definately buy the DVD set.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
quote:

She took the kids and left, right?

Maybe I missed something, but I want to know what she was really doing with all the money she was getting from Denis Leary's character. "4200 on central air and kid's clothes."

Yes.

I figure all that money she was getting out of Tommy was to finance her secret move.

I always think of "Homicide: Life on the Street" when I see Callie Thorne.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I will definitely buy the DVD set if/when it comes, and in the meantime have all the episodes recorded. (My nephew is finally catching up on the show from the beginning thanks to me.
smile.gif
)

I've just loved everything about this series. They seem to cram more than an hour's worth of story into each 43 minute episode. There are so many great actors, great characters and great moments that it's hard to pick a favorite.

But there's no question about what gets the award for line of the year:

LOU:

You need boxes?

biggrin.gif

The line, in context, was great. But the delivery and the timing were perfect.

Regards,

Joe

StephenA

Screenwriter
Did anyone else watch the final episode on Sunday? I watched it again on Sunday because my mom missed it last Wednesday. While watching it noticed they cut out the scenes where Sheila and her son were at Tommy's house and the scene where the chief or whoever it was was filling out the transfer papers fo Tommy at the end. I wonder why they did this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks