What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Requiem for a Heavyweight not on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Watched the 1962 Requiem for a Heavyweight on TCM a few nights ago. I thought it was missing a few scenes (ex: Mountain practicing wrestling in the ring). Looked very good, maybe an HD master?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
The original Playhouse 90 production is, in my opinion, better, and is available on YouTube and the kinescope has been restored so it looks pretty good.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The original Playhouse 90 production is, in my opinion, better, and is available on YouTube and the kinescope has been restored so it looks pretty good.
Agreed, the Playhouse 90 production is a favorite of mine. It is also available on DVD from Criterion: The Golden Age of Television

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I thought "Life With Father" looked good (to my untrained eye, at least) when it was on TCM recently - certainly not as bad as the (largely) vitriolic comments on Amazon for the various Public Domain releases would have it.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
It is a Columbia Picture (Sony). If anyone was to release it on disc it would probably be Twilight Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks