What's new

Requiem for a Dream (1 Viewer)

Gary Silverman

Stunt Coordinator
I just came from Target and they had "Requiem for a Dream" for $9.44. A pretty good price. I thought I'd buy it to watch again and depress my friends, but I noticed it is the editted version, not the directors cut. Does anybody know what's missing in the editted version? Thanks

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
I think the party scene is edited, maybe other disturbing images cut? I haven't seen the edited version. You might consult www.imdb.com, sometimes they have detailed listings under the "Alternate Versions" tab.

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
I also think the "arm" scene is much more graphic in the director's cut. I absolutely love this film - great visuals by Aronofsky, great performances from Leto, Connelly, Wayans, and especially Ellen Burstyn, and the score from Kronos Quartet is haunting.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Requiem for a Dream is an absolute masterpiece, and is one of my top 3 favorite films of all time! Movies don't get much better than this. Anyhow, the only thing I know of that is edited a bit is the orgy scene.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
as confirmed by the director when i saw him speak last spring, the only change in the R-Rated version is the removal of 8 shots from the sex scene at the end.

DJ

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
...and of course, the edited version does not have all the fantastic supplements the unrated version does...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks