What's new

Remote Question: Navitus? MX-3000? TSU-7000? (1 Viewer)

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I am trying to determine which remote I would like to purchase for my home theater. I have found and liked reviews from the Home Theater Master MX-3000 and the Pronto TSU-7000. However, there is another similar-looking remote out there that I have not been able to find very much information on.

Can anybody tell me where I can find information on the Sony RM-NX7000 Navitus Remote Commander? I am looking for specs, accessories, and (especially) reviews.

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Don

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You can find specs on the remote here. The site also has user forums dedicated to various remote brands, including Sony. There are a few existing threads on that model.

DonRC

Stunt Coordinator
I think I've decided not to go with the Navitus. Their "dynamic response" touchscreen sounded intriguing, but it doesn't have the user community that the other models have. On this type of remote, that seems like a huge detriment.

So... what are people's suggestions on the Home Theater Master MX-3000 and the Pronto TSU-7000. What are the pros and cons of each of them?

(I'm primarily going to be controlling a projector, spacer system lights, a receiver, a DVD player, a satellite receiver, and a VCR - very occasionally.)

Tim K

Second Unit
they are both totally customizeable, though the advantage of the pronto is the vast community that already exists complete with custom configs to sample. there is a much smaller source for the mx3000 at this time. honestly though, i would choose more on feel as they are very different both in shape/size and layout.

Alan M

Second Unit
One side note on the pronto remotes.I have had my pronto 2000 for about a year and a half.two weeks ago my granddaughter pushed it off my coffee table.It dropped about 2 feet onto a carpeted floor.
The touch screen died and wouldnt accept any inputs.At that point,figuring I'd bite the bullet,I called phillips to send it back and pay for repair.I was told by customer service that I was out of luck,they wouldnt repair my remote and the only option they could offer was to go out and buy another remote.
Needless to say,I did buy another remote,but not a pronto.There is no excuse for poor customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks