What's new

remote Pronto? x10 technology (1 Viewer)

John Avanti

Auditioning
Hi,

Need some advise on remotes heard pronto is very good? Which model ? there is a new model 3000. Also I'm told x10 technology is very good at working with remotes for the lights,proj,rec etc, is that true? Anyone out there with some experience on this sub I would appreciate it.

Thanks John Avanti

ty_diaz

Agent
I'm thinking about getting one of those myself but I haven't heard anything in regards of their perfomance.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
I have a TSU-3000. I love it. It took me a weekend or so to program it completely and I have loved it ever since. I would highly recommend picking one up. For more information that you'll ever need to know, head over to remotecentral.com and delve into their forums.

FYI, Phillips just released the TSU-7000 which is a step up from the -3000 and has a color display.

Again, I highly recommend it. I've gone from anywhere from 5 to 10 button pushes to get to a specific HT mode, to, well, one.

I have the TSU-2000, and also love it. The fact that it is completely customizable is incredible - EVERY button can be a macro - although I'll add that you can get pretty obsessive programming it once you use it and start to discover its capabilities. That being said, the software for it is a bit clunky (they might have upgraded this for the 3000 though), but at the aforementioned remotecentral.com you can download control screens for just about any component imaginable.

I also use the Pronto to control X10 lighting. To do this, you'll need a device that transmits IR signals to X10 signals; I believe what I have is called an IR543. Then you'll need to set up whatever you want to control with an X10 receiver, either a plug in module or wall outlet for lamps, or a new switch for anything that is already controled by a wall switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks