What's new

Reminder: Harry Potter - first big P&S-only release (in Australia) (1 Viewer)

John J Nelson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Just thought I'd remind y'all to sign this petition for the release of Harry Potter in a WS version in Australia.
YES, I know it's Australia we're talking about, and all of us lucky people in the US and UK are getting their WS version. But if the P&S-only release is judged a success by Warners and the other big studios, P&S-only releases will surely spread to other regions...
Ask yourself, how you would like to see a P&S-only Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars Ep.II in the US??
With the other thread concerning the new raft of Columbia P&S releases, I don't need to tell you how much of a threat this is...
-- J.

Filipe Almeida Paz

Auditioning
Signed.
This is, very unfortunately, becoming a trend.
How many petitions will we have to sign to make the
studios to understand that all the movies/TV Series/Any
other kind of show should always be released
in their OAR?

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Signed!!!

This is pretty terrible (especially for a release like Potter), I hope that something is done about it.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I have edited the thread title to indicate that this applies to the disc scheduled for release in Australia.

M.

Johnny G

Supporting Actor

get this on more forums plus make sure the heading asks you to sign petition, I nearly didn't read this thread

Jay E

Senior HTF Member

Warner's policy of releasing this full frame only in Australia is a disgrace.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I signed this a while ago, and also listed it on the petitions page on widescreen advocate. I also e-mailed the creator, and asked him to make the description a bit more detailed, and he never e-mailed me back, so he has probably forgotten about it. I guess we can't count on him to print them out and mail them to WB.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Ah Australia, home of the abusive cycle

Video game and movie companies screw over Australia, so they import. Companies then use the flood of imports as an excuse to screw Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks