What's new

reinforcing walls on sonotube (1 Viewer)

AlexKunec

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a 24"dia sonotube for $5. It is peeling in some places and isn't in the best condition. However, it has no bends or cracks, and would suit my tempest nicely. Im looking for something to reinforce the inside walls on the tube, to make it stiff. I was thinking of using wall filler, but I have a feeling it would crack and fall apart. What should i use to reinforce the walls? I need something that is fairly stiff like glue, and is cheap. (I need to cover 16 square feet)

Ron D Core

Stunt Coordinator
If your looking for structural reinforcement, I wouldn't even bother, but if your looking to coat the walls to just keep them from peeling, I would just tape up the parts that are peeling off and not worry too much about it.

TedO

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder how spraying the inside of the tube with an automotive undercoating type spray would work. Has anyone tried this?

I think you could spray the inside with a few coats. Let dry, then add the Polyfill. I would guess this would help deaden the side walls of the tube.

TedO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.