What's new

Reginald Owen's A CHRISTMAS CAROL? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
With the recent news of the BBC's Definitive Edition of Alastair Sim's 1951 version of A Christmas Carol, what do you think the chances are that Warner will follow suit and release Reginald Owen's 1938 MGM version? While it's not on the same level as Sim's, it has its charm and I would like to replace my well loved VHS copy with a pristine DVD edition.

Andy

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Jeff,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who desperately wants A Christmas Carol on DVD. I'm just suprised it has been so ignored by Warner. Fingers crossed for this Christmas, along with Christmas in Connecticut!

Andy

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Both of those titles were perennial best-sellers on VHS and LD at holiday time. Given WB's stellar performance of late, I'd be very surprised if they didn't issue these titles for Xmas this year.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Since WB seems to be digging a little deeper into the catalog these days I hope that the time frame that I have been asking for this film does not stretch from 3 yrs to 5, 6 or 7+! :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks