What's new

Regarding odors, is it just me or... (1 Viewer)

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

To avoid splatter from god knows what from the previous user. Walking away & coming back after the flush has stopped splattering also reduces the chance of being splatterd by unknown buggies. I know... I'm paranoid.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
does anyone else avoid smelling foul odors whenever possible?
I think the better question is, where are these insane individuals that are out there now, searching for these cess pools to build a nest in.

I have bad allergies and just can't smell that great. I usually never smell the farts my friends rip. Also when I do smell something bad, I usually adjust to it within seconds and then don't smell it anymore. Someone feel they have to leave the room, not me. Guess I'm lucky.

Oh, anyone else notice that some people's houses have a distinct smell. It's like family A all smells the same, and it's pretty gross.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I think Eddie Murphy did a stand-up routine on the fart issue. He observed that when someone announces that they can smell a fart then everyone else in the room instinctively starts sniffing the air. Why do we do that?:laugh:

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
"Ass-pennies" and "Stink-palming" come to mind. Bonus points to anyone who can identify where these are referenced from.

Hunter, I have to totally agree with you. Whenever I walk into the office bathroom and someone has just dropped the kids off at the pool, I try to minimize breathing ... and for damn sure I restrict myself to nose-breathing. I don't care if those particles came from Orion's nebula ... if they took a side trip through Bob's ass, I don't want any part of it!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"Ass-pennies" and "Stink-palming" come to mind. Bonus points to anyone who can identify where these are referenced from.
Sounds like Mallrats.

Man, you never know what you're going to find next in the After Hours Lounge. :)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Mallrats is correct for stink-palming, but I don't think they mention ass-pennies. This actually isn't from a movie, but a TV show.

phil-w

Stunt Coordinator
To avoid splatter from god knows what from the previous user. Walking away & coming back after the flush has stopped splattering also reduces the chance of being splatterd by unknown buggies. I know... I'm paranoid.
You do realize that when you flush you get an aerosol blast of what ever is currently residing in the toilet that spreads throughout the bathroom.

I suggest that after you flush, you first hold your breath until you leave the restroom, and then go take a shower and burn your clothes, because this is the only way you are going to avoid being more than just splattered :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Personally I now wear a level-4 biohazard suit whenever I leave my apartment. I eliminate through little "airlock" chambers fore and aft, and toss the hermetically sealed waste containers into an incinerator. I never smell foul odors or deal with molocules that have been in places I'd rather not think about because I carry a self-contained, closed-loop breathing aparatus. Makes like life much easier, to say nothing of neater.

Regards,

Joe

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
I suppose if we isolate ourselves enough from germs we will end up with an immune system similar to what the island natives had prior to Columbus' crew wiping them out by the millions.

Jay Taylor

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Think of it this way.

Even if you hold your breath, those particles are still going to find their way into your nose... and any other opening in your body. Technically, such particles are free-flowing and can travel wherever they want. The fact that you smell them only means that your senses have detected them, and are making your aware of their presence.

It's like not knowing that you've been robbed. Would you rather hear an alarm when the intruder is in the house, or are you more comfortable not knowing anything about it. ;)

Joseph,

I was in Milan the other week, and saw some runway models sporting similar ensembles. Apparently, the whole Biohazard-suit-look is the summer-2k3 look, and all the high-end designers are jumping on the bandwagon. Calvin Klein is coming out with a hot-pink version, while Dior favors the pastels. :D

Oh yeah... food for thought. Farts are nothing. Take a look at the ingredient listing on some of our more popular "scents" (perfumes, toilet water, cologne, etc) for a nice chemical listing of stuff we're taking into our systems.

Moe.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I was born without a sense of smell, so I guess I don't have to worry about not smelling farts and B.O. Though if I had a home with a gas leak I'd have no clue. You could have me smell a container of gas and I couldn't tell if it was gas or water.

What I learned was that smell enhances taste. When you bring something up to take a bite of, you're smelling it as well as tasting it. Smell is a lot more powerful then taste. This would explain why there are some things that have absolutely no taste to me.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Just a little off topic kinda of, but what the hell is up with people who take a dump & then wont flush it. Uhh it makes me wont to puke to walk into a restroom & see a floater. I don't know why but people do this all the time where I work & I would like to kill the bastards who do it its just nasty. And our restrooms are kept very clean so its not like someone is just doing because it's already a mess.
I wont even use the restroom if its like this when I go in there. I just don't get it they will sit on the lid but they wont touch the handle, if there scared of it why don't they use there foot.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I work the desk of a motel. Frequently, someone will step up to the counter directly across from me and exhale the most odious halitosis you can imagine. I have to recoil, but in a subtle way, and I can't really back off too far or it would seem awkward. So I hold my breath as long as possible, then cover my nose with my hand and breathe in again, trying to camouflage the odor. If I were good friends with these people I'd let them know how offensive this is (most people just don't know they have terrible breath because no one tells them). But I'm not, so it has to be tolerated. Yech.

Rick J

Stunt Coordinator
hey joe

you got me thinking about the sh** list that i've seen in the past. don't know if you've seen it but here's the link: http://www.funclown.com/shit.htm
gets you thinking...i found myself laughing and nodding my head along in agreement with the descriptions. as my wife would say about this thread and this particular topic: "it must be a guy thing"...rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks