What's new

Recommend a good PC action game for me (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Serious Sam engine was used for another game. It was a dinosaur game of some kind. Don't remember the name.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I second/third Deus Ex. It's still a FPS, but with a good story line that helps suck you in much like Halo.

Another great game is The Sum of All Fears. This uses the Ghost Recon engine, but the missions are all anti-terrorist usually in buildings. A big change from looking for small movement across fields (and a lot more fun). I found myself using different loadouts and trying different techniques for the fun of it. Only loosely based on the movie.

Both of these games should be under $15 so they are well-worth the money.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I also recommend Deux Ex and System Shock 2.

I would like to add Jedi Knight 2.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Don't know why, but I take back my comments about SOF2. I started it again, and the soldiers in the first level are dying with just a couple of shots now. I don't know what the problem was before. Still can't say I'm crazy about this game yet. The Prague levels are kind of boring, and I have to wonder about the wisdom of starting a game with that long a flashback sequence. Maybe others who have played it to completion can say whether they liked the solo play or not.

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
-Jeff, Great Deal on Mafia! :emoji_thumbsup: Like I stated, it is one of my favorite games, and for that price it's a great bargin!

-I Watched 'Road to Perdition' on Sunday day and it has me itching to play Mafia again, great early 1930's atmosphere in both the movie and the game.

-Let me know your impressions when you get into it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks