What's new

Recipe Needed for Chili Cook-Off (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't think it came off so well. I followed Bryan's recipe but due to misreading the cook-off instructions I had to fast heat it rather than using the crock pot as originally intended. I had to have the chili to the school 2 hours faster than I thought, so instead of a 3 hour sit in the crock pot, it ended up with 45m in the crock and about 10m on the stove.

A local fireman won 1st place with his "Station #4 Chili". A guy who's one of the assistant coaches on my son's little league team took second using venison.

The chili I made didn't taste that good to me, though I didn't try any of the meat chunks and this isn't really my kind of chili. I'm more a diner chili kind-of-guy. My favorites being the now out of business O.T. Hodges Chili Parlor in St. Louis, Carl's Drive-In also in STL, and when it isn't too watery, Steak & Shake.

Thanks for the help, and it was fun making it. Last night was the first time I ever peeled an onion (MY EYES!!!) or chopped peppers.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Aw, that stinks. Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned.I know! How the HELL do they do it on those cooking shows and still be able to talk? I look like a basket case just PEELING an onion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks