What's new

Reciever shuts off (1 Viewer)

Bryan_Hunt

Auditioning
I have a an AWIA AV-D30 and I've been having some problems with it. I plug it in and everything seems to be fine. The clock comes on. I hit the power button to turn it on, it comes on for about a second and then shuts itself off. (Goes back to blinking clock).

It wont let me turn it on immediatly but if I wait like 5 seconds I can "turn it on" but then it just shuts itself off again. Any suggestions or ideas?

Bryan Hunt

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Are your speakers hooked up? If so there is likely a short somewhere, double check everything. If not, unplug everything and try to turn the receiver on.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
make sure you don't have any stray speaker wires touching anything they shouldn't ... namely the other speaker terminal.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
I have no idea what that is. Looks like it's time for a new receiver Bryan.

Tim K

Second Unit
sounds like some kind of auto protect shutdown. I know this was common in alot of older Sony receivers. I have a friend who brings his to the beach house we rent and it shuts down alot when it is overworked and overheated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks