Reciever shuts off

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Bryan_Hunt, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Bryan_Hunt

Bryan_Hunt Auditioning

I have a an AWIA AV-D30 and I've been having some problems with it. I plug it in and everything seems to be fine. The clock comes on. I hit the power button to turn it on, it comes on for about a second and then shuts itself off. (Goes back to blinking clock).

It wont let me turn it on immediatly but if I wait like 5 seconds I can "turn it on" but then it just shuts itself off again. Any suggestions or ideas?

Bryan Hunt

2. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

Are your speakers hooked up? If so there is likely a short somewhere, double check everything. If not, unplug everything and try to turn the receiver on.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

make sure you don't have any stray speaker wires touching anything they shouldn't ... namely the other speaker terminal.

4. Bryan_Hunt

Bryan_Hunt Auditioning

it does when there is nothing plugged into any of the speaker terminals.

5. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

I have no idea what that is. Looks like it's time for a new receiver Bryan.

6. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

sounds like some kind of auto protect shutdown. I know this was common in alot of older Sony receivers. I have a friend who brings his to the beach house we rent and it shuts down alot when it is overworked and overheated.