What's new

Receiver with at lest 4 optical inputs and under $1000 (1 Viewer)

I need a receiver with at least 4 optical audio inputs (5 would be nice), but I want to keep the cost under $1000.

I've been looking at the Denon AVR-3803, which is pretty close to my price range (through an authorized dealer), but I'm not sure what else is out there with the number of inputs I need in my price range.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Equipment:

Klipsch RC3
Klipsch RF3
Klipsch RS3
Klipsch KSW12
Panasonic DVD-RP91
Hughes HDVR2
Sony SAT-A65
PS2
XBox

Lynn Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure if you have considered getting a less expensive receiver or not, but you could get a less expensive receiver(ie - one that does NOT have 4-5 optical in's) and add an audio switcher box(or whatever you want to call it). It would save you a lot of money(unless you have your heart set on spending all $1000) and performance, from my experience, is identical.

Andy_SB

Agent
Brian, I don't have any experience with the aforementioned receivers but I did check out some specs pages and there are actually quite a few receivers under $1000 that have 4 optical digital inputs. Some others (and I don't think this is an exhaustive list) are the Sony STR-DE885 and 985, the Panasonic SA-HE200, the Denon AVR-1803 and 2803, the Yamaha RX-V630 (aka HTR-5560) and RX-V730, and the Sony STR-DA1ES and STR-DA2ES. In fact, something like the Kenwood Sovereign VR-5090 is available for around $1000 and it boasts -7- optical inputs.

One thing worth noting, though, is that some of these receivers have at least one of the optical inputs on the front panel. This may or may not be what you want.

- Andy

C

Chris*Liberti

Actually lots of receivers have this sony STR-DA4ES has 4 optical, 2 coax and one optical out. The Denon AVR3803 has more than this I believe

Rob Blakeslee

Auditioning
Brian,
Are you looking new or used ? THe B&K AVR202 has 5 optical and can be had for under $1K. I have this receiver and it sounds fantastic. This would easily drive your speakers. I will be moving soon and may be selling mine. If you are interested, drop me a email. Here is the B&K website www.bkcomp.com
Good luck with your search !!
Rob

CurtisC

Second Unit
You should look hard at the 3803,if you can find a better unit,w/more features,sound quality please let me know,I want one,price apprx.900.00

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks