What's new

Receiver Audio Problem (1 Viewer)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I have a Pioneer VSX-D608 receiver. Lately when I play a dvd the audio signal drops out intermitently. Sometimes I can watch an entire dvd without the problem but other times the audio constantly drops in and out. Could the problem be with the fiber optic cable? Do I need to buy a new cable?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

DavidSGT

Stunt Coordinator
Hiya Bob,

I hope that it is not your disc or player problem..

Assuming it isn't and I don't have your model AVR but problems with the cable will be the least headache as you can assign other inputs to your current player, use any cheapo (the red white yellow comes to mind)to try...

Hope this helps..

Regards.
DavidSGT

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Thanks David. I'll try that. I know it's not the disc because this has happened on a number of discs and they all play fine on my other dvd player.

orestes

Second Unit
Real Name
Orestes
Does your receiver still decodes the correct sound when it works correctly? What I mean is, does it output DD 5.1 or DTS when you play DVDs with these type of audio content?

I am asking this because my receiver which is a Denon stopped decoding DD 5.1 or DTS, and it only outputs "stereo". The receiver is now at the repair shop, and I am waiting for a fix.

Another question here, how old is your receiver? Mine started having this problem about a month ago, and my receiver is about six year old.

BTW, I knew the receiver was a problem when neither audio coming from my DVD player, PS2 US version, PS2 Japanese version, and Xbox was been decoded to DD 5.1. My receiver digital display shows "D Dolby" when it was decoding the sound. I did not think all my audio sources could go bad at the same time. So hopefully your unit has a glitch.

Search the net for your unit, and see what other people have posted about your unit. I did that with mine, and found out that a few people were having a similar problem that mine was having.

Good luck!

Regards,
orestes

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Thanks orestes. It seems to be decoding the correct signal. On my display, it shows all 5 speakers for 5.1 but when the sound drops out, the signal shown on my display disappears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks