What's new

Reality TV reaches a new low (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of being straight and acting gay, have you guys seen the stand-up special "Jamie Foxx: I might need security"? I watched it last night, and he does a bit about when he met Prince in it that's absolutely priceless. :D

It's on again on HBO Comedy 6/1 at 11 PM ET and a few more times after that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
So when are they going to put a woman in one of these awkward, heartbreaking situations? So far, it's been mostly harmless for them on "The Bachelorette" or "Mr. Personality" (oooooh, she may fall in love with an ugly guy....).

Where's the bachelorette choosing from a group of men that's half gay? Where's the reverse "For Love or Money"?

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Just remember though, for all the hoopla this show is already causing, the ratings will probably through the roof.

Plus, no matter what the theme of the show, there will always be people who want their 15 minutes of fame. And these shows are the easiest way for aspiring "actors" to get their screen time for their reels.

The clock is ticking on "reality tv", let's hope we don't have to wait too long.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
no matter what the theme of the show, there will always be people who want their 15 minutes of fame
Exactly, then we have to see the women in Playboy. :angry: Did we REALLY need the Playboy edition of "Sarah" from Joe Millionaire. :rolleyes

This just proves that the average American will swallow anything Hollywood spews their way.

Brenton

Screenwriter
[SNL]I'm still waiting for "Vagina Auction"[/SNL]

Anyone seen that one episode of SNL that had all the short "Joe Millionaire" parodies? Among them were "Joe Caucasian", "Joe Not-A-Rapist", and yes, even "Joe Hetero".

I'm a little "in the dark" on Bravo. Is it its own channel, or will this program air on NBC?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm a little "in the dark" on Bravo. Is it its own channel, or will this program air on NBC?
Bravo is an arts & theatre basic cable channel carried in most markets that was recently acquired by NBC. Bravo has been used by NBC to show things that they can't air, like the unedited version of the Kingpin mini-series. They are most widely known as the channel that airs Cirque du Soleil programs exclusively in the United States.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I get a kick out of all these reality shows. I like watching "normal" or "semi-normal" people make fools and stumble over themselves to achieve some goal when the audience knows the participants are being fooled the entire way. I like to see how stupid these people can be and get enjoyment out of seeing them sqirm.

Along those same lines I get a kick out of people who take things way too seriously and try to analyze everything. Its just tv folks. Its just entertainment. If anyone gets anything more than entertainment out of shows like these there is seriously something wrong with them.

Do any of you actually watch tv for anything more than fun anymore?

ratings will probably through the roof
Yeah like the XFL. Everyone watched the first game, found out how truely bad it was then ratings dropped through the roof and into the sub-basement the following weeks.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Here's my idea:

The Ugly Millionaire

Find your basic socially-inept nerd who's spent all his adult hours making many dollars. See how many people will stand in line just to date this guy.

The spinoff could be

The Ugly Gay Millionaire

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
How about Ugly Dead Millionaire? :D

A bunch of women get the chance to date a dead guy and the winner gets the inheritance money.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> nothing in the press releases I've seen indicates the bachelor doesn't know some of the guys are straight

I really don't think straight actors will be able to fool the guy very long, certainly not to the point of being the last one left. How far are they willing to go with the charade? Will they make out with him, invent past gay experiences, etc? I just imagine him seeing thru it. Plus, on any of those dating shows there are always people in it for reasons other than finding their soulmate.

I wonder if they'll let the audience know which ones are straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks