1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Real World Vancouver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jereme D, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

What's the deal with this? I've seen most of the past Real World seasons and the people don't seem to act as they typically do. Is this something that MTV made up, or did the 'incident' really occur.

2. Timothy Alexander

Timothy Alexander Second Unit

I think it's just a spoof of the Real World actually.

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Jereme,
    This is a scripted spoof (like Timothy said) of The Real World called The Real World Movie: The Lost Season airing tonight form 9-10:30. It does feature cameos by former Real Worlders and it is airing commercial free too!

4. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

From what I've seen, it (the cancelled RW) didn't have enough flakes and nuts. Just plain Jane ol' cereal don't sell these days.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

They cancelled the Real World? I thought they were filming the one for Atlanta now. The Las Vegas edition should starting up in the fall or next season (I thought).

6. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

7. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

Patrick,

It definitely has not been cancelled. From what I've read, the finale of the Chicago edition was the highest rated episode of any Real World edition to ever air on MTV. Also, The Real World: Las Vegas starts on 9/17, a good warmup for Survivor 5 two nights later!

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I couldn't get through 30 minutes of this 90 minute movie (I had time-shifted it last night). It was really bad/lame.