What's new

Re-Animator: Millennium Edition (1 Viewer)

Richard N

Grip
I am looking to buy this DVD, but upon searching for it on the web, I noticed that there are two versions of the Millennium Edition. DVDempire has one version listed as the new millennium edition, and amazon and DDD both have it listed as being rater R. I thought the millennium edition had the unrated cut. Can anyone shed any light on the 2 possible versions of this dvd? I know there was an earlier version released by elite but I am not talking about that, there seems to be 2 versions of the same millennium disc, just wondering what the deal was.

Thanks a lot

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
I'd like to know that too...I've been thinking of picking this up to upgrade from me old gatefold laserdisc (though I'm still keeping that baby 'cause it's signed by Stuart Gordon!), and I'll be damned if I'm getting the R-rated version...waitaminnit, I think the only time the R-rated version was released was on the old Vestron tape, so we probably have nothing to worry about.

Kelly=V=

Auditioning
My 2 disc Mill. Ed. is Unrated & Approx. 86 mins.
The picture is a good/decent transfer (on 80" screen)with noticeable amounts of grain. They could have picked a cleaner Film Print to work with. All in all, it's not half bad. Also, includes DTS 5.1. -THX-

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
The grain is inherent to the look of the film. It was shot on some cheap film stocks. The visible grain is, if anything, a testament to the DVD's accurate and detailed transfer.

-Lyle J.P.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
As far as I know, the R-rated cut of the original isn't available on DVD. Both the original Elite disc and the ME have the Un-rated cut with scenes from the R-rated cut as bonus features. The Pioneer SE for Bride of Re-Animator has both versions.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I dont even think Ive ever even seen the R version of this film. The first time I saw it in 1986 on Cinemax was unrated and every version Ive had over the years has been the same.I just know that the R version had alot of "the head scene" cut, from what Ive heard, but Ive never seen it.(dont care to either)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
The extra scenes from the R-rated cut are well worth watching, including an entire subplot about the hypnotic powers of Dr. Carl Hill, and scenes of Herbert West shooting up the reagent like a drug. I think the latter scenes should have been left in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks