What's new

RANT: NJ Big Game Lotto - I'd sue! (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Here's some background on my rant: http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/04/29/big....ap/index.html
If I was the poor NJ guy who was accused by his coworkers on national TV (The Today Show, CNN, Court TV, etc.) of holding back the winning ticket ($58 million) I would certainly look into a defimation of character suit against them. The poor guy gets the flu and his coworkers go on all these national talk shows and call him a thief (and their lawyer said his name on TV ).
Hope he sues and takes any money those bitches have! (Sorry, this just really pissed me off.)

KyleS

Screenwriter
I think he has a better case against the lawyer since he should have known better then to spout of anything without checking all the facts (like if he actually had the winning ticket) ;)
KyleS

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Marquez's lawyer, Donald DiGoia, said the co-workers suspected Marquez had the winning ticket because he called in sick for three days with the flu after the April 16 drawing.
What a bunch of idiots! I'd file a lawsuit against whomever made the claims on TV as well. How could you ever go back and work with those people again after that? I wouldn't want anything to do with them...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i can't understand why those people thought they had a winning ticket.

were i used to work they had some people pool together and someone would buy a bunch of tix every week. he would give them a copy of the tickets he bought. but since they used the same numbers every week all they would need to do was use those old copies to see if they won.

so it seems the only thing that made these people think they won was that the guy didnt come to work for 3 days?

without actually having a copy of the winning tick in hand what could be their reason for thinking they won?

did anyone go to his house or call him before they started accusing him?

this is crazy.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
...And after further review, the ticket this man has IS NOT the winning number. Let the bloodbath begin...

-RL-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks