What's new

RAINTREE COUNTY on Blu? (2 Viewers)

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Ah.... there it is. There is a certain surge in the score that would seem to tout a new process. I am pretty sure it was on the vhs and also when I saw it on tv in the 60's

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I hope to be seeing a private collectors' print again some day and see if the "window of the world" logo remained in that one.
Probably not as it is a print of the short version.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Maybe Oliver as it was on the 16mm Scope prints.

I have been narrowly missing one on ebay some years ago so it will be the 35mm IBtech scope version and I think those did not have it. To be honest when I saw it ca.10 years ago I did not really look for the window of the world title but this time I will.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
mgmcamera65frm.jpg
mgmcamera65.jpg

From Widescreenmuseum.com:

Above left, an IB Technicolor 35mm anamorphic print. Above right, the same frame as projected with conventional CinemaScope compatible optics. The aspect ratio for this print was 2.35:1. You won't see this title card in the current HD video transfer. For some reason it was removed from the negative. It was still in place when the first pan and scan video transfer was made in the late 1960s. We have no idea why it was removed.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Not sure what you're asking.

But anyone with a DVR and whose cable system gets TCM can record TCM's programming onto the DVR.

I guess that post is gone.

Anyway reminder it’s on tonight.
Program guide liats it as HD but that doesn’t mean it’s actually an HD feed.

ptb2017fr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul Bale
It’s really annoying, isn’t it, when wanting an HD copy of a movie to see it broadcast in a gorgeous HD print only to find it unavailable to buy as a Blu Ray.
I live in France and have access to 26 HD channels, plus I pick up U.K. HD channels, so I’ve been lucky to record some beautiful copies of broadcast movies on my Blu Ray recorder. Unfortunately Raintree County has not yet been shown, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed, though I can’t recall it ever being shown on U.K. tv.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
It’s really annoying, isn’t it, when wanting an HD copy of a movie to see it broadcast in a gorgeous HD print only to find it unavailable to buy as a Blu Ray.
I live in France and have access to 26 HD channels, plus I pick up U.K. HD channels, so I’ve been lucky to record some beautiful copies of broadcast movies on my Blu Ray recorder. Unfortunately Raintree County has not yet been shown, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed, though I can’t recall it ever being shown on U.K. tv.

Please do not think that it looks as good as Ryan's Daughter or Around the World in 80 Days (except for the framerate issues) as it is not quite up to that standard.

I do however agree by now that with what Warner has been sitting on for probably more than 15 years it would have been nice to make the best version available in some way.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I guess that post is gone.

Anyway reminder it’s on tonight.
Program guide liats it as HD but that doesn’t mean it’s actually an HD feed.
Its probably the same worn print, upconverted to HD that they have been showing for the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks