What's new

Rain, 1932, Joan Crawford to receive a Blu-ray release in 2020 (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Last edited by a moderator:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I cam across this article on VCI's website. It's getting a 4K scan and it sounds like this could be a great release. It is VCI, but you never know !
https://www.vcientertainment.com/ra...d2AQj_hQvDppgmny4JMlq367hfJ8oXIbaJ9sZ7nFVRnSo
Great news, @TheSteig, thanks for sharing!

rain-movie-poster-1932-1020433584.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw a 35mm print of Rain in the '70s and was amazed at the razor sharp cinematography and the deep, deep blacks. Full of Milestone's touches. Crawford's Sadie is too hard for my liking; Swanson and Hayworth are closer to the good-time gal who is so attractive to men.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Curious as to whether there's any further news on this. I don't want to sell my DVD copy until I
know I can replace it with an even better Blu-Ray. And while on the subject, I also wonder about
the Milestone release of FILIBUS (1915). As far as I can tell, the current price for this is $295! Does
anyone know if this will be priced for collectors at a more reasonable price?

Great news. The restoration of “Rain” (1932) continues. I just got a reply today.

vcistoreadminsays:
Sorry for the delay in responding. The RAIN project has been on hold due to the Library of Congress closing because of the Covid-19 pandemic. They officially opened last week and we should be able to start working on that project again and hope to have it available early in 2021.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Truly exciting news. I always loved the Crawford/Huston dynamic here, actually my favorite version of the story. My old Roan DVD was passable PQ wise, as was the Roan 1932 Svengali with John Barrymore, which I hope will see an upgrade one of these days, nude scene included. VCI has upped their game recently and I wonder if more Roan "surprises" are on the way from them.

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Great news. The restoration of “Rain” (1932) continues. I just got a reply today.

vcistoreadminsays:
Sorry for the delay in responding. The RAIN project has been on hold due to the Library of Congress closing because of the Covid-19 pandemic. They officially opened last week and we should be able to start working on that project again and hope to have it available early in 2021.

Superb news, I'm looking super forward to this release. More pre-Code is always good news for me.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I certainly wish them all the luck in the world for Rain and any other Library of Congress treasures they may send our way, hopefully in the near future. So few of the true historical classics I've loved have been made available except from folks like Kino and now, thankfully, VCI. Many thanks to them!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks