What's new

R2 Uk Sherlock Holmes Warning (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
A friend of mine has just bought a couple of the Orbit Media releases of the Basil Rathbone Holmes movies and I was absolutely shocked at the AV quality.

DO NOT BUY THESE DISCS !!! The picture has obviously been sourced from VHS and is considerably less good than the recordings I made from TV. To make matters worse, these rip-off merchants are charging £15.99 for each individual film.

The R1 discs are over-priced too but I presume that the PQ is better. Frankly, it's hard to see how it could be worse.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Anthony, I've paid under £30 each for sets 1 and 3 of the MPI restored movies, and around £10 for set 2 (a misprice, but welcome); at under £7.50 per film, I don't consider them overpriced - the PQ is (mostly) superlative.

---
So many films, so little time...

Real Name
Anthony
I presume you're talking about the R1 discs, yes ? I've never seen them for that low a price. Anyway, I have no knowledge of them.

All I'm saying is that the R2 Orbit Media releases - which are certainly NOT restored - should be avoided at all costs.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For those that are interested in the fab MPI sets at a decent price, dvdpacific have them currently at £26.21 each plus p&p - here.

---
So many films, so little time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks