R2 Uk Sherlock Holmes Warning

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Anthony Neilson, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    A friend of mine has just bought a couple of the Orbit Media releases of the Basil Rathbone Holmes movies and I was absolutely shocked at the AV quality.

DO NOT BUY THESE DISCS !!! The picture has obviously been sourced from VHS and is considerably less good than the recordings I made from TV. To make matters worse, these rip-off merchants are charging £15.99 for each individual film.

The R1 discs are over-priced too but I presume that the PQ is better. Frankly, it's hard to see how it could be worse.

2. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    Anthony, I've paid under £30 each for sets 1 and 3 of the MPI restored movies, and around £10 for set 2 (a misprice, but welcome); at under £7.50 per film, I don't consider them overpriced - the PQ is (mostly) superlative.

---
    So many films, so little time...

3. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    I presume you're talking about the R1 discs, yes ? I've never seen them for that low a price. Anyway, I have no knowledge of them.

All I'm saying is that the R2 Orbit Media releases - which are certainly NOT restored - should be avoided at all costs.

4. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    For those that are interested in the fab MPI sets at a decent price, dvdpacific have them currently at £26.21 each plus p&p - here.

---
    So many films, so little time...