What's new

Quicken 2005 Premier vs MS Money 2005 Premium (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Hi, I'm looking for people's experiences with these two software packages. I'm planning to buy one of the two in the next month or so. I've always heard that Quicken is better, but I've recently heard that Microsoft has been making great strides in the more recent editions. Please let me know if you have a preference and why. Thanks!

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I use Quicken, because I've been using it for 12 years. I just upgraded to 2005 Premier for Home and Business, and it seems to work fine. Some new tools that I haven't had time to try yet.

Todd

Don Black

Screenwriter
Quicken 2005 kills QIF support if you need that. Intuit is trying to switch everyone to their own proprietary system (e.g., more licensing revenue from banks). I haven't upgrade since Quicken 2001. Intuit sucks these days....:angry:

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I completely gave up on Money. I had used money for years. I ran my small business on it with their Business edition. However, when they had a .NET screwup this summer, I, along with thousands of others, became locked out of my files.

Going through backups? No good, because it was my .NET passport that was screwed, which is an MS issue.

After losing a month's worth of downtime, I just reconstructed the years worth of data and went to Quickbooks. Hell with it, I didn't need that kind of aggravation.

Being a MS Certified Partner, I reached out within our network, brought it up at TS2.. basically the best response I received was "yeah, that was a big problem this summer"

Search usenet (something like deja.com) from "Cannot open Microsoft Money" and watch the thousands of people who got hosed this summer.

I won't do that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks