Quick release of South Park seasons 2 & 3

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Ralph, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Brian Ralph

Brian Ralph Stunt Coordinator

2. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Hope they're not counting the sales of season 1 as a level of 'consumer demand', since I already bought the first discs and didn't buy the season 1 set since I already have all the episodes on it. I'll start buying them when they have 'new' episodes on them though.

3. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

If I can get a deal on them like i did for SP1 from media play, I'm in like flint.

4. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    I'll only buy if Warner grows up and lets Matt and Trey record commentaries and don't tamper with them

5. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

Warner better not screw 2 and 3 up like they did with 1. When something as basic as chapter stops (esp. after the introductions) is missing, you know someones not doing something right.
    JQ

6. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

Very good news. I'm glad I don't have to wait 8 months like I do with The Simpsons (Anybody share my doubts that we won't finish the collection by the time the next format hits?)

Dean

7. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

I can't wait. Season 3 with Mr.Hankey's Christmas classics can't come fast enough.

8. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

Did the original Rhino discs end at the end of Season 2 or was it midseason?

Anybody remember?

Thanks.

9. Lafe F

Lafe F Second Unit

The Rhino discs started getting into Season 2 - about halfway IIRC.

I wonder if "Not Without My Anus" will be included on the WB Season 2 set?

10. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

What is IIRC?

11. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
  12. Tom Foley

Tom Foley Stunt Coordinator

IIRC - if I remember correctly.

"Not Without My Anus" is episode #201, and it appeared on Volume 4 of the Rhino releases. Even though it was a "Fake-out" episode, it's an official one, and should be there. The running joke during the intros is that every episode of South Park is Matt and Trey's (and well, old Scratch here) favorite episode. But NWMA was Matt and Trey's REAL favorite (up until their new favorites, "Cripple Fight" and "It Hits The Fan"), so if Warner forgets to include that episode, then it will REALLY hit the fan.

One question to ask is, will Matt and Trey even bother to do commentaries, or be asked to do so, because of what happened the last time?

And another: will Warner finally have better video transfers? I have an SVCD copy of the fifth anniversary special from satellite and the video quality of the episodes shown there far exceeded any South Park DVD released thusfar. They can do WAY better than the first season DVDs.

13. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Well MWMA is included in the other region box set (Each disc is region 2/3/4 and 5! - Released through Warner Vision International BTW) so I expect it to be on the R1 version.
    However I would not expect commentaries. Even if the whole fiasco over season 1 had not taken place, I think it would be asking too much for Trey and Matt to comment on every single episode of South Park.
    I always assumed that the commentaries (when first announced) would only be for Season 1 anyway.

14. Brian Ralph

Brian Ralph Stunt Coordinator

15. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

16. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

South Park has a bizarre look at society, and usually has a significant message, so a commentary on a few episodes each season would be nice.

Simpsons is mostly pop culture references and such, and I can't imagine listening to a commentary for 300+ episodes...

17. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Matt and Trey could always just use a different kind of alchohol for each commentary [​IMG]
    "Now this is a glorious 12 year old scotch which should get us hammered really quickly...."