What's new

Questions on Pioneer LD player (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Yes, with the optical output you will be able to use DTS laserdiscs.

In order to support AC-3, your laserdisc player must be a model made after 1992 (I think).

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
:) Yoshi, the 3090 is a very old model, about 1989 or 1990. It does not have the dedicated AC-3 output necessary for Dolby Digital. 1995 was the year AC-3 was introduced in LD players in the U.S.BTW, ;) Glenise. Japan got the HLD-X0 with AC-3 output in 1994.
Yoshi, if you haven't bought the player yet, think twice about it.
1. It's very old.
2. It was a step-up model back then, positioned like the 704 was later, top of their regular line. But, the S-Video output will be useless. The comb filters in this generation of players is very poor by today's standards. The composite will look better with nearly all TV's these dayz.
3.I have never owned that model, but I have heard from a blue zillion folks that it and the model 2090 are some of Pioneer's least reliable models ever.
4. Newer players will have a better pic quality.
5. If you take a chance on this player, don't pay too much, $100 at the very most.
E-mail me about any models you're considering if you like. U don't have to shoot in the dark! We'll help you along, me and the committee. You's obviously new to the format....Best wishes!

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Rachael and Glenise!

Urf! I'm already set to buy it on ebay, for about $70...oh well.

I just wanted something that'll play these original Star Wars Trilogy LDs...

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The x090 players are problematic, I hope it works when you get it! :) Some of them work fine, if yours is functioning well, they're fine players. Get the original THX unretouched trilogy and grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks