What's new

Questions on CNET review of the Panasonic TH-46PX85U (1 Viewer)

davepr

Stunt Coordinator
CNET has reviewed the 46" version of the 85U series.

Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Flat-panel TV reviews - CNET Reviews

The negatives are as follows:

"Poor noise reduction; less-accurate color temperature and primary colors; fewer picture controls than many HDTVs."

I will be buying the 42PZ85U or the 42PZ800U as soon as we acquire something to put it on. It will replace a 7 year old Hitachi 43" CRT based HDTV ready projection TV receiving its signal from a Time Warner HD-DVR..

My questions are:

1. Have any recent owners of the 85U discovered these problems especially the noise reduction?
2. Does the 800u allow for color temperature adjustments? It seams that, at least, they should be adjustable from a service menu or there could be no ISF service.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
This is but one review - what do other reviews say?

I've seen different reviews say the polar opposite (e.g. 'class-beating picture' v 'indifferent picture'; 'not a trace of motion blur' v ' plagued by motion blur', etc).

davepr

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew, thanks.. I have only seen some user reviews on the set. I have yet to see any other professional reviews on the new Panasonic line. Do you have any pointers?

I do understand that everyone has an opinion. And I have not seen any mention of the CNET concerns especially video noise in any of the user reviews. Could CNET have tested a faulty unit?

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I *THINK* this is the same model you're talking about:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=737476

This is a discussion of the Panasonic TH-46PZ85B on a Brit site. The final letter tends to alter according to the country it's being marketed in and/or the color of the casing. So in other words, I think this should be a discussion of more or less the same set you're considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks