What's new

Questions About 16x9 Mode and Progressive Mode on XBR450? (1 Viewer)

Andy Adams

Auditioning
I recently purchased a 36XBR450 and absolutely love it, however I have some general questions.
1. When viewing an anamorphic DVD there are small dark gray bars (~2in. in size & lighter than the normal black bars) at the top and bottom of the picture. They are not distracting but certainly noticeable. Is this normal? I am using a Sony DVP-S7000 set in 16x9 mode and the XBR450 is set to auto 16x9.
2. I can see no difference in the progressive modes (Interlaced, Progressive and Cinemotion). Are there instances where one mode is more suitable than the other?
Or is there something wrong with the progressive mode operation?

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
The bars are supposed to be there. Leave in on interlaced as you dont have a progressive scan DVD player.
------------------
Jeff Whitford
Hometheater Guru

JasonRH

Second Unit
Lower your brightness a bit to get rid of the lighter bars. Cinemotion is not dependent on progressive signals. It smoothes out jaggies and I have seen it work but it is not a dramatic difference. Use it when watching video material like movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks