What's new

Question to anyone that has a Curtain in your Home Theater. (1 Viewer)

Curt Luther

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to put a curtain in front of my screen (when installed) and have it open with a opener. I have the opener part figured out (Thanks to Eric with your E Cinema) My problem is that I am going to have a suspended ceiling and I wondered if there is a way to install it from a suspended ceiling? I do not have a stage area or bulk head to mount it to. Any suggestions or pics would be great.

Thanks
Curt

Clay M

Agent
As per my ceiling guy, you can cut sheets of plywood to the dimensions of the tiles and lay them on top of the tiles to mount stuff to if needed.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Curt, check the "load" that the ceiling tile hangers allow...depending on that, you may have several options. Feel free to contact me offline if you wanna chat! :D

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Erik,
I am not to familiar with the X-10 remote parts, and was thinking of doing a motorized curtain like you did. Could you email me a parts lists of model numbers of the items you used for the motorization part? I would appreciate it. Thanks!!!
Shawn

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Shawn...you have mail! :D

And for everyone else:

3142 MOTORIZED DRAPE CONTROLLER $88.99
2001 X10 APPLIANCE MODULE $12.99
4040 IR X10 COMMAND CONSOLE $26.99

All can be had at Smarthome...then buy a curtain rod, attach your drapes...and you're all set! :D
:emoji_thumbsup: Of course you have to have a remote that knows or can learn X10 commands too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks