What's new

Question on HTF Chat with Peter Staddon (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jon,

Point well taken.

Michael,

Unless you are using an IRC client you cannot block
private messages. In the case of this past Tuesday's
chat it seemed the PM's were minimal.

Thanks, guys!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I don't mean I'm looking to block PM's myself. I just thought the moderators would want to block out PM's for themselves if people keep whining to them about being "passed over."

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
However- much of the behind the scenes work is done via private windows. I actually go added as a channelop to help with nicknames, which couldn't have happened if Parker or Ron had the private feature blocked.

Also, Parker was considering doing the chat by phone- another thing that could have never been coordinated without private msgs.

-vince

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
merely suggesting an alternative to reduce the harrasment of the chanops, having another administrative (secret and locked) chatroom is trivial in a proper IRC client. However I don't think the webclient likes multiple rooms.

Ike

Screenwriter
I'm glad chats have started back. I think everyone needs to cut Ron and the other chat runners some slack. Some people are just plain annoying-asking questions at the yo screen, private messages, nicknames, repeating questions (which I've been guilty of), etc.
The chats are, I'd assume, a huge pain in the ass to run, so asking that people understand a few hiccups is more than understandable.
Gracias for providing fans an outlet to the studios. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks