What's new

Question on hooking up my subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Jason. I'm going to move your post to the Subwoofers fourm where you should get more focused response. :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Low is generally considered best, especially for HT. Some will only use high though. If you use one sub for both music and HT, I would definitely go with the low.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Do you mean "low-level"(RCA type connection)/"high-level"(speaker wire connection), or as you said "low-pass"/"high-pass" as in crossover output?

You need to provide more detail.

To me low-pass means the low pass output of a crossover and low-level means RCA type in/output.

If you mean low-level/high-level, use the low-level. If you mean low-pass/high-pass, use the low-pass.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Jeff--I should have said low-level and I did not read your question as closely as I should have. :frowning:

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
yeah i meant rca or speaker wire connections :)
well on regular stereo mode the subwoofer turned off correct? ive got a Harman/Kardon AVR320.
im thinking of going w/ the lowpass hookup tho.
what difference would i notice in the 2?
im building a 2 cu foot box w/ 1 12" and 2 15" PRs and a 300 watt amp. all from www.stryke.com (talk to him on the net alot).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks