What's new

Question about the screen on the new Hitachi 57SWX20B's (1 Viewer)

Matthew_F

Stunt Coordinator
Lee M,

The TWX series TVs is one of the top of the line line series. They have way better focus and video processor than the SWX, UWX, GWX and FWX series so I would avoid these series at all cost. The TWX series is the same as the flagship series - the XWX without the HDTV decoder and the black high-gloss finish.

If you like the black high-gloss I guess you gotta spend the extra money since it will include the decoder!

Hope this helps...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

scot_salmon

Agent
Fred- As far as I've seen, this is the best looking picture in the market at the price point. I absolutely hate the Mits stretch modes, so I wouldn't personally consider those sets.

Matthew- Where did you get that information regarding the focus and video processor? I was under the impression that the only differences (other than cosmetic) were the screen and the HD tuner. I'd like to see somewhere where it shows the specs on the processor and focus mechanism to be different.

Thanks.

Scot

Matthew_F

Stunt Coordinator
My friend and Video Only told me about the information. Also I looked at the TWX and the lower series - I think that was the SWX and the TWX actaully stood out. They were both getting the same video feed and the difference is noticable.

I'm currently in my university at the time of this writing. When I get home, I'll look at my Hitachi pamphlet my friend gave me to see if it saids the differences on it.

*add-on*
Well the pamphlet doesn't say but I do know this. The phamplet my friend gave to me said this is their specialty line, which consists of the XWX, TWX, and GWX. The SWX and others are the lower end series. I will phone my friend if he can give me the details were to find the full specs for you to look at.

Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks