What's new

question about the movie "high fidelity" (1 Viewer)

brianacook

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone have a list of the songs/albums that were mentioned in the movie "high fidelity"? a link to the script would also work.
brian

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
If you check the tracks listed in the soundtrack to the film (which rocks by the way) via Amazon, Gracenote, etc., you will find at least some of them.
------------------
Todd.
"Ah, mercury, sweetest of the transitional metals..."
- Sealab 2021

brianacook

Stunt Coordinator
have i offended you in some way, greg?? thank you for taking the time to reply though. your input is greatly appreciated.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Greg is correct, please keep your posts in ONE FORUM. Also, the overall attitude on the HTF has gotten downright nasty. Curbing of sarcasm would be greatly appreciated.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority !!
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on November 16, 2001 at 10:21 AM]

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I personally would check the listing in IMDB.com. It's under soundtrack listing (duh, I know...) and I think it's pretty complete...
------------------
"This is my verse, hello?"
Link Removed

Jonah_W

Auditioning
Vince, was your reply about the nasty attitude directed to Brian and Greg? Perhaps Greg could have said "Brian please keep your posts in one forum (no caps)."

Brian E

Screenwriter
Vince, was your reply about the nasty attitude directed to Brian and Greg? Perhaps Greg could have said "Brian please keep your posts in one forum (no caps)."
I don't think he was really directing it at either of them totaly. I think he's more commenting on a general attitude that seems to be turning up in a lot of threads lately.
------------------
-Brian
http://www.brianeberling.com/collection.html

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I've seen the same thing happen elsewhere, where the "old hands" of any forum - be it a web forum or usenet news etc - seem to feel they have a right to be as nasty as they choose to be to people either posting questions they feel are elementary or doing something else they consider sub-optimal.
Granted, I'm guilty of doing that myself from time to time... lately in the topic "Probably a touchy subject, but WHY?" over in the hardware forum. It annoys me when people post topics that tell you absolutely zero about what the post is about...
Ah well. Perhaps we should let the moderators moderate and keep out of it.
------------------
/Kimmo

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
One thing that has always been difficult is finding a list of all songs used in a movie. As far as I know, IMDb usually lists the movies available on the commercially available soundtracks. The only resouce that seems to work is looking at the end credits.
Of course, I could be wrong.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
Well, I mentioned IMDB.com because for High Fidelity, it seemed pretty complete, and I found the songs I was looking for on there.
------------------
"This is my verse, hello?"
Link Removed

Danny R

Supporting Actor
The original poster wasn't asking about the soundtrack, which is also excellent BTW, but about the dialog of the movie. In the film, numerous albums and songs were discussed as the actors made their top 5 compilations on various topics.
I also suggest picking up the book. It should have much of the info you need.
I found a copy of the High Fidelity script as well, although I notice some changes from the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks