What's new

question about seating distance and throw ratio (1 Viewer)

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the process of building my HT. I already purchased a 96' Carada screen that perfectly fits my screen wall. I will probably be buying my projector in the next few months. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the BenQ 7700. I am just going to wait for some reviews. The throw distance is 100'@9.8". I have to figure out where my chairs are going to go before I put up the shelves. How far should I be sitting from a 96' screen with that throw distance? I am guessing from 10.5"- 12".

Thank You,

John Menoni

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
John, the throw distance has nothing to do with where you sit. Your seating distance from screen is determined by the screen size and projector's resolution. I'm not familiar with that model. If it's a 480p, you want to sit back 2x the screen width. If it's a 720p, you can sit 1,5x screen width. What are the shelves for?

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
the shelves are actually for my remote and a drink holder. It was reccomended that I sit a minimum 11 ft away. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks