question about seating distance and throw ratio

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John Menoni, Apr 10, 2005.

1. John Menoni

John Menoni Stunt Coordinator

I am in the process of building my HT. I already purchased a 96' Carada screen that perfectly fits my screen wall. I will probably be buying my projector in the next few months. I am pretty sure I am going to go with the BenQ 7700. I am just going to wait for some reviews. The throw distance is 100'@9.8". I have to figure out where my chairs are going to go before I put up the shelves. How far should I be sitting from a 96' screen with that throw distance? I am guessing from 10.5"- 12".

Thank You,

John Menoni

2. Kevin_F

Kevin_F Stunt Coordinator

Good luck with your HT John, if you haven't already been there, check out this website:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/

It will answer your question, and some others that you don't have yet [​IMG]

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    John, the throw distance has nothing to do with where you sit. Your seating distance from screen is determined by the screen size and projector's resolution. I'm not familiar with that model. If it's a 480p, you want to sit back 2x the screen width. If it's a 720p, you can sit 1,5x screen width. What are the shelves for?

4. John Menoni

John Menoni Stunt Coordinator

the shelves are actually for my remote and a drink holder. It was reccomended that I sit a minimum 11 ft away. Thanks for the help.