What's new

Question about Panasonic AE700 (1 Viewer)

Tom Kay

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Everyone

Please excuse me if this has been answered. When I make the leap to but a PJ, it'll either be the Epson 200 or the Panny 700. Both look awesome. So I need to ask about lens shift on the Panny.

I have a basement room, 24 x 14, with a 7 foot ceiling. I will have my screen on the end wall. There's an I-beam and an air duct that cut across the middle of the room. My choices are, either mount the PJ on the ceiling in front of the I-beam, which makes my screen a maximum of 80 inches. Or choice two, mount the PJ behind the I-beam/air duct which gives me lots of choice on screen size, exact PJ position etc.

With limited ceiling height, I have to be careful about people bumping their heads on the PJ, so I want it as close to the ceiling as possible, BUT, (and here's my question) what about lens shift and keystone correction? I want to avoid keystone correction because it's an electronic adjustment. Does the projector have to be mounted below the top edge of the screen in order to use ONLY the lens shift?
Is doing it this way preferable to keystoning?

If yes, then I plan to mount the PJ down a bit from the ceiling, raise the screen as much as I can with it being ridiculous, and perhaps build a protective frame around the PJ to protect it from heads. I won't enclose the frame, so venting shouldn't be problematic.

I can't mount the PJ on the rear wall, because bodies and arms will be in the way. I need the PJ near the ceiling, with the image angled down at the screen.

Thanks, and please call in all you lens-shifting AE700 owners. Cheers, Tom, Ottawa Canada, home of no friggin' hockey !

Brad E

Second Unit
You can shift the top of the image lower than pj postion without using keystone. About a 1 foot lower.

However to shift the lens this far down, you will have to make sure the pj is centered, because you can not shift down this far and over as well.

Hope that makes sense.

Milosh Jovic

Auditioning
You should have no problem doing that, but as Tom said, it's only going to go about 20-30 cm lower than the elevation of the projector. Get the projector and a good low profile mount, and you'll be all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks