What's new

Question about Homer Simpson's aging montage last night (1 Viewer)

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
For anybody who caught last night's Simpsons episode...

There was a really cool montage of Homer Simpson growing up over the years that just had his head in the middle of the screen while the action in the background changed to reflect what he went through as he got older. It was pretty cool.

My question - my wife and I thought that we had seen a similar thing (with the same music) done in a movie. Does anybody know if the montage was copying a particular movie, and if so, which one?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I believe it was meant to parody a popular YouTube video. Hence the YouTube graphics showing up at the end of the Montage.

What caught me though was where it was written on the back of the boat "The End ?" Was that their last fully completed episode due to the writer's strike?

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Yeah, I noticed the Youtube ending to the montage too. Did some searching on YouTube and found the video (picture a day for 39 years) and got the answer to my question. It's a parody of "Noah's picture a day for 6 years", with the same music - Everyday by Carly Comando.

The ending with the writing on the back of the boat caught me too. I thought I read that the whole season was already written by the time of the strike so it would not be affected, but your interpretation of the writing implying it might be the last fully completed episode would make sense. I hope it's wrong though. That was a great episode.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wondered how Homer had memories of things that other characters did and he didn't see. :)
WillG said:
What caught me though was where it was written on the back of the boat "The End ?" Was that their last fully completed episode due to the writer's strike?
No, that was only the second episode of the production season (the other 6 or 7 that aired this year were holdover episodes that were produced as episodes of S18) so they have more than enough episodes to have a complete season this year. The longer the strike goes, there may be problems with new episodes in fall 2008.

Matthew_V

Stunt Coordinator
Ennsio said:
Yeah, I noticed the Youtube ending to the montage too. Did some searching on YouTube and found the video (picture a day for 39 years) and got the answer to my question. It's a parody of "Noah's picture a day for 6 years", with the same music - Everyday by Carly Comando.
Here's Noah Kalina's youtube video and homepage
Here's Carly Comando's homepage

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks